DennyP Travel
Posted By: lauraff7 Occupancy - 06/14/2015 02:39 AM
We've already been to Hedo once this year, but DIF is hitting hard and am trying to figure out if it's possible to fit in another trip this year. This time, I'd actually prefer a slightly more laidback, low occupancy atmosphere; anyone know anything about typical occupancy the first week of September? Thanks!

Laura
Posted By: davenrose Re: Occupancy - 06/14/2015 07:47 AM
We have been several times during Labor Day. The Jamaican Water Slide group is usually there, but the overall occupancy is very low at that time of year normally.
Posted By: LikePlaym8s Re: Occupancy - 06/14/2015 01:10 PM
Have never been during September, but seems to have always been a slow month. There were times back in the superclubs days that some great specials were run. If it's your 2nd trip - don't forget about the pay for 14, 3 free promotion!
Posted By: DennyP Re: Occupancy - 06/14/2015 06:25 PM
I have great rates for the week of 9/12-9/19 and rooms are available in 12 of the 13 rate categories so it's not booked to full. Use the link in my signature area below to request a quote.
Posted By: Chris_in_NC Re: Occupancy - 06/16/2015 03:14 AM
We've been in past years in Aug and Sept. Slowest times we've ever been, with perhaps 25% occupancy. We've enjoyed it, since you get to know most of the folks there and have plenty of down time.
Posted By: lauraff7 Re: Occupancy - 06/16/2015 04:40 PM
Thanks everybody, for the input!
Posted By: Doug Re: Occupancy - 06/17/2015 06:10 PM
Keep in mind that the main dining room and reception area is supposed to be going through major renovation at that time.
Posted By: Philly Dave Re: Occupancy - 07/01/2015 10:46 PM
The Jamaican WaterSlide Team will be at HII for our 16th annual trip 9/12-9/19. Occupancy is usually low as mentioned by others previously. If you'd like more info you can find it at www.jwst.com or JWSTatHedo@gmail.com and, as Denny mentioned, he has availability in almost all room categories. Construction is usually not a major issue as management tries to accommodate their guests with as little inconvenience as possible. It's been reported that they have given free catamaran cruises to guests (NOT A GUARANTEE they will when you are there)
Posted By: hotnshy Re: Occupancy - 07/04/2015 06:45 PM
A word of caution, if you go on the catamaran don not dive head first on the slide, they spray it with Crisco,talk about 180 splat when you land.
Posted By: hotnshy Re: Occupancy - 07/04/2015 06:53 PM
Doug, I heard that since the dining room is closed, all the ladys at the resort will be utilized as Sushi tables, you will have to eat of them, yummm.lol
© DennyP Travel Message Boards