DennyP Travel
Posted By: AdirondackPaul Manners and Civility - 06/20/2013 12:18 AM
No matter what the topic, there is no excuse for the crap that went on in my hijacking post. Those who feel that they must disparage other posters really do need to clean up their act. If you are only there to rip other's opinions apart, we don't need you.
Posted By: Chicago Jake Re: Manners and Civility - 06/20/2013 03:52 AM
Ah, but there's the rub. What you call "disparage," others might call "disagree." Certainly you don't want a ban on disagreement, do you?

The trick is to disagree without disrespect. And that leaves a wide range of interpretations. Some will never be happy.
Posted By: Hedo-regular Re: Manners and Civility - 06/20/2013 04:45 AM
AdirondackPaul

I'm one of the guilty ones who disparaged another poster. It was in jest, but my poor wording maybe didn't make that obvious.

My apologies.

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Whether you or I agree with it is an entirely different matter. This forum is for the open discussion of topics. And therefore, everyone is allowed (encouraged) to chip in with their own thoughts.

Respect.
Posted By: LyleM Re: Manners and Civility - 06/20/2013 09:36 AM
Perhaps the ultimate standard of civility is to accept others just as they are, even if you disagree with them or find them to be reprehensible?
© DennyP Travel Message Boards