DennyP Travel
Posted By: meesohnoni Blended Mojitos at Hedo? - 03/19/2012 11:58 PM
My friend just returned from Sandals Ocho Rios and said that blended Mojitos were all the rage there. They were making them more than daquries and pin coloadas. Of course I like mine fresh, muddled with no blender but he said the pre mixed was pretty good. Can anyone tell me if they have these at Hedo?
Posted By: jcanino Re: Blended Mojitos at Hedo? - 03/20/2012 11:41 AM
They were making REAL Mojito's at the main bar at the end of last month. As the evening goes on, you may find that they have run out of mint leaves. I never saw a blended Mojito there.
Posted By: parrot61 Re: Blended Mojitos at Hedo? - 03/20/2012 12:39 PM
They were making them at the main beach bar last week also. Watched her muddle the leaves but didn't pay attention to the rest. Taste was a little off, wish I had paid better attention because they have all the right ingrediants and now have fresh mint ;-)

Respect
Posted By: sabinaandscott Re: Blended Mojitos at Hedo? - 03/20/2012 09:21 PM
I believe I saw a whole section of mint growing in their Herb garden up by the old bird sanctuary...so they must be picking the leaves fresh daily. They were making them muddled at the main bar over New Years.
Posted By: nickandkitty Re: Blended Mojitos at Hedo? - 05/07/2012 11:20 PM
Never had a real one- going to have to try one when we are there. Sounds like a tasty alternative to margaritas... which I can't do.
Nick (and the vodka swilling Kitty)tm
Posted By: Lucie73 Re: Blended Mojitos at Hedo? - 05/08/2012 07:19 PM
Just returned from a week in Cuba. My observation regarding the best tasting Mojitos: get one first thing in the morning (or at least like me, around noon when you get out of bed) when the mint leaves are still fresh. A Mojitos night cap when the mint is no longer fresh is not the same at all.
© DennyP Travel Message Boards