Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,681,829 why WWW
661,880 Class of ?
Thread Like Summary
Lucie73, roy, Splendidview
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Just back Saturday..... #146477 11/29/2021 6:31 PM
by Doug
Doug
Greetings all. Just returned from a nice 8 day trip. Some quick tidbits.

Check-in was very easy. Quick show of paperwork and done.

MASKS.

ALL staff are wearing masks. EVERYONE from front desk to landscapers. Mask use by guests was almost non-extistent. Plenty of sanitizing stations spread around. Sanitizing of hands was mandatory before entering the gift shop. They had a mandatory mask rule as well, but it was hit or miss on enforcement.

FOOD.

New executive chef Michael is doing a very nice job. All the specialty restaurants were as good if not better than under Anthony. Buffet was sketchy at times except for breakfast. Breakfast offerings were various and great. There is now a breakfast burrito station as well. They had a pop-up burrito station on the nude side one day.

Beach grill is expanding in choices. Made to order pizzas and delicious chicken kabobs are available from 11-3 every day. There are also hand-battered onion rings as well. Fantastic !

FLAME STATUS.

Still untouched after the fire. An area next to Harry San is serving their menu. I was told by the new chef that Flame is to be completely razed and replaced with a 2-story restaurant in its place. Plans are submitted to parrish council and as soon as they are approved, construction will begin.

WATER.

Each guest will get a reusable water bottle to keep upon check in. There are filtered water refilling stations all over the property. Hooray for the environment !

BARS.

A few premium brands were not available during the week due to supply chain issues. Note to all Red Bull drinkers......Red Bull is NOT part of your A/I package ! If you want a Red Bull, it is $4.00 and will be charged to your room.

ROOM KEYS.

The room keys of old are gone. You now receive a rubber wristband with a computer chip in it They must be returned upon check-out. If not returned or a replacement is needed, it's $30 !

MAIN POOL DECK.

The water slide tower has been removed. It opens up a lot of space on the deck. The bridge to the beach is still there. Also noticed tarps over sections of the main dining room roof to prevent leaking.

DIVING.

Derrick, Tremaine and Orane are still there. New DM Davon.

The sunken boat is back in use. New paint job. The old sport-fisher boat was sold to a private entity in Negril. New Cressi BCD's. Rumor has it....and just a rumor, is that the 2 dive policy of last year has been scrapped totally. Seems there was a ton of negative feedback to the hotel and much of it was from non-divers. The policy was from the former GM, not Harry.

Random stuff.

The old Delroy's bar/massage hut is gone. Large open area now. Large hammock in it's place.

Courtyard now has powerful fixed and portable misting fans. This is a relief for anyone during the day.

Agustus is still there every day.

Vendors are now permitted on the prude side next to the pool.

H-block courtyard has undergone major renovation. All of the trees have been removed and replaced with pebbled areas and some new plantings. I was told the tree roots were invading the pipes underground.

More as I remember or just ask.

Irie !
Liked Replies
Re: Just back Saturday..... #146487 Nov 30th a 06:04 AM
by Chicago Jake
Chicago Jake
Thanks for the great newsy post, Doug! Great to hear news from the Front.

Great news about the keys. I hated those key cards. Very poor choice for a resort where you don't have any pockets.
1 member likes this
Re: Just back Saturday..... #146509 Dec 1st a 05:13 PM
by Parracky Parrot
Parracky Parrot
A little off topic but:
Get a Covid test done just before you return. If it's done within 72 hours they may accept that. The rules keep changing, so check on the government website.
1 member likes this
Re: Just back Saturday..... #146517 Dec 2nd a 10:43 PM
by we2are469
we2are469
Lucie73

Did not want to hijack Dougs most excellent trip report, so I PM'd you the current entry requirements for Canada, as posted TODAY Dec 02 2021 14:30, plus a link to the Gov web site.

Of course now, after reading Dougs report my DIF is ramping up again, LOL
1 member likes this
Forum Search
Newest Members
JaywhyTurtleCove, radarrogue, Standfas, SPX33, LonnieR
23805 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,585
HedoDiveMstr 5,130
Roy in VA 2,760
Bunz z 1,929
Chicago Jake 1,802