Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,634,783 why WWW
648,744 Class of ?
Thread Like Summary
CharlieV., davew, DennyP, Lucie73, roy, ThePachenas
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Covid cases at Hedo ? #145475 11/08/2020 10:52 PM
by Doug
Doug
Rumors are flying that there were 16 cases at Hedo and 2 people were medevaced out.

Social media group called "Republic of Mobay".

Anybody else hear/know ??
Liked Replies
Re: Covid cases at Hedo ? #145495 Nov 15th a 07:05 PM
by CharlieV.
CharlieV.
Why do people think Hedo is a virus free zone? Of course 200 maskless people in the pool will generate cases. Would anyone rationally think otherwise? Ditto for the Piano Bar, Hot Tub, Weedo Lounge and Playroom (if it's open). Not to mention to total disrespect you'd be showing the staff by shouting your drink order without a mask. We use the word "Respect" a lot. . . perhaps it's time to practice it too. The staff is.
3 members like this
Re: Covid cases at Hedo ? #145498 Nov 15th a 09:51 PM
by LyleM
LyleM
Originally Posted by CharlieV.
Why do people think Hedo is a virus free zone? Of course 200 maskless people in the pool will generate cases. Would anyone rationally think otherwise? Ditto for the Piano Bar, Hot Tub, Weedo Lounge and Playroom (if it's open). Not to mention to total disrespect you'd be showing the staff by shouting your drink order without a mask. We use the word "Respect" a lot. . . perhaps it's time to practice it too. The staff is.

You're right on target Charlie. Based upon comments I've seen posted, I think many people think they're 'safe' because Americans were tested negative within 10 days before their arrival. That completely discounts the possibility of contracting it on the flight(s) down and the airports, or within the period between the day they were tested and they departed for Jamaica. My guess is a lot of people either don't really understand the timeline for how this virus works, or they only see it how they want to see it, despite the available information to the contrary.

It's sad enough to see the conditions here, so why in hell would we want to contribute to taking this crap to Jamaica and spread it around?? If people want to go and REALLY comply with the rules, stay safe, and protect themselves and everyone around them, that's probably OK. The reports about conditions like you described, are a recipe for continuing to spread disaster. Just my opinion........
3 members like this
Re: Covid cases at Hedo ? #145490 Nov 13th a 05:35 AM
by TJ and DA
TJ and DA
I think the disconnect between the 3 cases the resort will publicly state and the real # has more to do with guests not notifying the resort if they test positive upon returning. There are many people reporting positive tests on themselves on other boards.
2 members like this
Re: Covid cases at Hedo ? #145523 Nov 19th a 11:39 PM
by Toohorny
Toohorny
Hey
No feelings hurt! Just wanted to share our experience and what might happen. We are a hedo family, open and honesty are the best, good or bad. Respect to all.
We cannot wait for our next trip home....hopefully the vaccine works.
2 members like this
Re: Covid cases at Hedo ? #145496 Nov 15th a 09:04 PM
by Parracky Parrot
Parracky Parrot
This is why I'm not doing my November trip this year (and probably not April). I don't want to add to the problem.
I know the Jamaican economy depends on tourism, but a health crises helps no one.
1 member likes this
Re: Covid cases at Hedo ? #145502 Nov 16th a 01:17 PM
by LyleM
LyleM
Originally Posted by CharlieV.
I'll be there but I'll be practicing the same Covid hygiene as I do here. Granted, my situation here is different from those going for only 1-2 weeks - I get it; but as I learned from 32 years in the Chemical industry: "Safety First".

Words from my work history: Complacency Kills

Keep vigilant and stay safe my friend.........
1 member likes this
Re: Covid cases at Hedo ? #145506 Nov 16th a 08:45 PM
by chris santilli
chris santilli
And at the end of the article it says that Hedo is in Westmoreland....I think it's in Hanover. Another error?
1 member likes this
Re: Covid cases at Hedo ? #145514 Nov 19th a 03:12 AM
by Chris_in_NC
Chris_in_NC
We were there in early Nov. Saw about a dozen friends there, and most avoided close contact. So far, about half of us/them have tested positive since returning home.
1 member likes this
Re: Covid cases at Hedo ? #145519 Nov 19th a 09:51 PM
by Toohorny
Toohorny
Yes we may have been naive, we did test negative before going, and thought we would be safe. With our friends we did not visit each other’s rooms, just partied.
We decided to go, followed all the protocol to get there, and without tourists the staff is unemployed.
Respect, yep we believe in it. We thought we were safe and do not believe we brought it in, but who know about travel, we were masked 100 percent of the time.
The reason for my post was to give a first person account of our experience, so others can make their choices, a lot of other forums are all about ducky’s and bunnies. I did not write this to be ridiculed or praised, it was our experience form oct 30 to nov 7.
As for the staff, we helped them get paid for the week we were there, all guests (exempt non jamacian) had to have negative tests to check in, but a test 9 days out is kind of useless.
Thanks for your thoughts on recovery, we hope that none of the staff caught it during our week and if they did they recover quickly as well as the guests that also got bit.
As for understanding how this fucking COVID can affect others and their family, I understand. While at hedo, I got an emergency phone call a few days before we went home. My father was put on a ventilator and still is, outcome uncertain. And for the trolls that want to rip on me, he lives in a different state and I have not seen him in 9 months.
To say again, we have been to hedo 25 times, love and respect the staff. We thought it would be safe, turned out it was not. If we do not go, hedo will close, however if COVID stays at hedo they will be forced to close. Double edged sword.
1 member likes this
Re: Covid cases at Hedo ? #145524 Nov 20th a 01:01 AM
by Chris_in_NC
Chris_in_NC
Appreciate the info and insights everyone! The infection rate from our personal experience was so wacky that I wondered if it was some crazy aberration. Hearing a few others' similar experiences gives some interesting insight into the unique, and sometimes odd place that H2 is. Not a place that's prone to a social distancing crowd. smile
1 member likes this
Re: Covid cases at Hedo ? #145546 Nov 24th a 05:42 PM
by DennyP
DennyP
Closing topic. The last few entries were not informational.
1 member likes this
Forum Search
Newest Members
Jj34, sunkissme, ronp, Kdfree!, Jamaica Jim
23661 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,412
HedoDiveMstr 5,124
Roy in VA 2,759
Liz in VT 2,605
Bunz z 1,924
Chicago Jake 1,775