Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,601,447 why WWW
639,712 Class of ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
prude side to clothing optional??
#96072 08/17/2010 07:04 PM
A
alswagg Offline OP
OP Offline
A
For a small time Hedo III changed the prude beach to clothing optional. Has Hedo II done the same? We are long term HIII visitors and would like to visit HII. We would prefer the prude beach to become clothing optional, can a person lay out nude on the prude beach without being hassled? Al

Re: prude side to clothing optional??
alswagg #96073 08/17/2010 07:30 PM
L
Online Content
L
Probably the best move, is to stick with the basics and be nude on the CO side and wear clothing on the prude side. HII has a good nude beach area, so it's not at all as I remember the HIII nude beach area.

LyleM #96079 08/17/2010 10:33 PM
H
H
Agree with LyleM. There is a large section of beach on the nude side just next to the pier that optional is accepted. In my opinion, on the nude side (especially in the pool area) prefer all to be nude. For me, I prefer it because I don't want to be stared at by others. As I remember, there was not much of a nude side at Hedo III. The main difference I remember is that the quad was optional at III. There isn't the same area at Hedo II. If you want to be nude, why would you go to the prude side?

HedoLiz #96091 08/18/2010 12:35 PM
H
H
If you want to be nude, why would you go to the prude side?

This the classic of classic observations. Expect to see it again in future posts.

The nude beach is huge (Point Village gate to Watersports shack). It has all the facilities (grill, bar, pool. hot tub. bathrooms) that is needed.

So why is this continuing discussion about the protocol for the prude beach? Why is it so important that the prude beach become c/o?

But that is just my perspective,
Chuck

If this be a dream do not wake me up; if not a dream, wish me no sleep
HedoDiveMstr #96094 08/18/2010 03:39 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by HedoDiveMstr
[quote]
So why is this continuing discussion about the protocol for the prude beach? Why is it so important that the prude beach become c/o?

Did you ever think that the person who raised this question, may be new to H2, so they don't know the protocol.
What better way to find out, then to ask?

Winter WWW soon come
Patti&Bill #96095 08/18/2010 05:57 PM
R
R
I guess I agree with those who are wondering,

If you have not tried being nude on the nude beach at Hedo II why would you prefer that the Prude side be C/O so you can be nude there?

There are some weeks when the prude side becomes C/O at the request or demand of some large groups. Generally though there is no actual C/O area at Hedo II. Prude can be topless, but nude is nude. I'm sure you will be able to find a comfortable spot somewhere!

Roy

Last edited by Roy in VA; 08/18/2010 06:00 PM.
Roy in VA #96097 08/18/2010 06:18 PM
C
C
We had our first (and sadly, last) visit for HIII this year after two previous visits to HII. During the time we were there (June, 2010), all of the resort other than the dining areas was considered clothing optional and we just loved it. I like being nude, but my wife doesn't that much and also has much more sensitive skin. She will go nude, but mostly for my sake. She loved that we could go to the "prude" beach, which they called the "clothing optional beach" when we were there and I could be nude and she could wear a suit or a shirt when she felt like it.

I loved that there was never a question about riding the water slide nude and walking around to/from the slide. And, the clothing optional quad was a wonder to behold. You could walk out in clothes and drop them if you wanted to any time you wanted. Had they not taken a stake to poor HIII's heart, I would have only returned there and not gone back to HII. We enjoy HII, but don't like the mandatory nude/prude sectioning very much and wish the prude side was as it was at HIII.

I've heard the nude vs. C/O debates so many times here and don't want to rehash yet again. But, if HII chooses to move to the late, great HIII rules, it will be a better resort for me and likely many others.

Roy in VA #96098 08/18/2010 06:38 PM
H
H
By my eye, there are three beach zones at H2: the nude beach (Point Village fence to the pier) the prude beach (watersports pier to the pier where the windsurfing facility used to be) and the expansive (and mostly unused) beach going towards Sandals.

If H2 management could convince SC management to development that third section of the beach (the one next to Sandals) with a bar, a pool, bathroom, grill and loungers then there would be three zones: nude, c/o and prude.

Well, this has been a 2 decade request,
Chuck

HedoDiveMstr #96101 08/18/2010 08:39 PM
D
D
Troll thread. Nothing more.

AKA: Bob & Rhonda Member #31 Posts: 3710 | From: Clearwater, FL | Registered: Aug 2001

>>Hedodocs<<
DocnRhonda #96102 08/18/2010 10:30 PM
K
K
I can see one practical application of prude beach being clothing optional. Many people who enjoy mostly or exclusively nude side book rooms on the prude side just to save money. So when they walk out of the room they will have to either put the cloths on or at least a towel. No big deal for many people I'm sure but it would be pretty cool to just walk out of the room naked and go have a drink at Delroy's no matter where your room is located.

Kristof #96104 08/19/2010 05:55 AM
R
R
We were only at HIII a few times but every time we were there the prude beach at HIII did not allow nudity. The quad area was C/O, the Nude side was nude only, and the prude side did not allow nudity (just topless)... just like the prude beach at Hedo II. I remember hearing "toward the end" that HIII began to allow C/O at the prude beach for a short time, but that seemed like more of an exception to the rule as an experimental thing toward the demise of the resort.
As far as the prude beach and nude beaches go at Hedo II, the rules are already pretty much the same as they were most of the time at Hedo III (except that brief experiemental thing). If what you are saying is that (as Chuck stated)there needs to be a third area set aside for C/O like Hedo III had then I am all for that. It sounds like a good idea if space can be found and if the resort would just designate it. Why not try to make everybody happy when it would be so easy to do? This is especially true as they try to merge two resorts (and their guests who are used to different things) into one resort. I do think that the Nude beach should stay nude only and not C/O. As for making the prude beach C/O ...as I said before they do sometimes already so it may not be that big a leap to just make it permanent.
Roy

Last edited by Roy in VA; 08/19/2010 11:04 AM.
Roy in VA #96112 08/19/2010 10:29 AM
H
H
Kristof, from my perspective, H2 is not a nudist resort; rather, it is a resort with a nude zone. In my opinion, respecting the prude side is just as important as respecting the protocol of the nude side. Not everyone goes to H2 to be nude.

I know, some will have a different point of view,
Chuck

HedoDiveMstr #96116 08/19/2010 01:47 PM
A
A
In my last half a dozen trips or so there have been nude people on the prude beach without a problem. After my November trip I commented that the beach on the nude side was in the best shape I had seen it in in many years. That does not mean it is a good beach. Between the sea urchins, seaweed, and leaves it can be gross. The middle beach from the pier to the vicinity of the trapeze that isn't there, is the nicest beach. When the resort is at capacity you have 500+ people on the nude beach and 20 on the prude.

I sorta have to question the tradition of nude/prude beaches at a resort that is about as non-traditional as they come. Too bad they didn't keep the ice skating rink... we could have nude ice skating!

AdirondackPaul #96118 08/19/2010 02:12 PM
R
R
Back when we first started going to Hedo I kept putting on the comment card that they should swap beaches and have the current beach prude side be the nude side. I figured they could build a big-ass hot tub over there, drag Delroys old bar structure over there and ... suddenly all is sweet. THEN.. they built the new nude pool complex and I realized it would probably never happen.
Still though if I ruled the world they would swap nude and prude beaches, build a new huge hot tub/misting pool/pool/bar complex over there complete with a portion of the pool dedicated to pool volleyball (rectangle 4 -5 ft deep all over). All of this just a few steps away from the far far nicer beach area!
Listening SC? Do this for me. Thanks!
Roy

Roy in VA #96120 08/19/2010 05:22 PM
R
Online Content
R
I can see why they put the nude pool complex where it is now instead of vicey versing it with the prude beach area. The shenanigans that goes on in the nude pool area would be right out there in public view for all the world to see....therefore stopped dead in its tracks. Also, all of the people who have fits about their photos possibly making it to the net would be all over the world and back from all the photos being taken of them because of the openness of the area.

I think the nude pool area is best left where it is, somewhat out of sight of the general public.

repeatoffender4th #96128 08/19/2010 09:27 PM
C
C
If the two sides were switched, there's also the issue of guests checking in and having to walk through the nude area to get to their prude rooms. Also, if the current prude area was the nude area, you'd have nude people all over the current prude pool which is literally steps (like 3 steps) from the dining room and main bar. We're obviously not offended by nude people since we spend all our time on the nude side, but I'm willing to concede that some people may be (which of course raises the question, why are they at Hedo anyway?).

CandG
CandG #96130 08/20/2010 04:54 AM
A
A
Wait a second! Since the overwhelming majority of the guests are there for the nude beach, why is it a problem that people in the prude rooms have to walk through a nude area? I usually stay on the prude beach.

Three steps from the main bar and dining room to the prude beach bar? The only way i can figure that is you 1) Dive off the roof of the disco and crash onto the sand 2) Are Paul Bunyan

Who is the general public at Hedo? Most of us go nude, so i think thats us!

Also, the shenanigans of the nude pool area do not have to be allowed on a new nude beach- they could have a no sex nude beach and an orgy beach!

In any case, Hedo isn't going to create a new complex and there has been and will continue to be some nudity on the prude beach. This is a whimsical thread that isn't going to happen.

AdirondackPaul #96139 08/20/2010 08:54 AM
C
C
Originally Posted by AdirondackPaul
Wait a second! Since the overwhelming majority of the guests are there for the nude beach, why is it a problem that people in the prude rooms have to walk through a nude area? I usually stay on the prude beach.

Three steps from the main bar and dining room to the prude beach bar? The only way i can figure that is you 1) Dive off the roof of the disco and crash onto the sand 2) Are Paul Bunyan

Who is the general public at Hedo? Most of us go nude, so i think thats us!

Also, the shenanigans of the nude pool area do not have to be allowed on a new nude beach- they could have a no sex nude beach and an orgy beach!

In any case, Hedo isn't going to create a new complex and there has been and will continue to be some nudity on the prude beach. This is a whimsical thread that isn't going to happen.

I was just making the case for why SC would not switch the nude and prude sides. Apparently there is a sensitivity among some prude guests about seeing nude guests, and having them walk through the nude area to get to their prude rooms on what is now the nude side probably wouldn't work.
As for the three steps, if you read my posting carefully I said that it was only a matter of three steps from the dining room and MAIN bar to the current prude pool (which, if they switched the two sides, would be the nude pool). I didn't say anything about the prude beach bar.
I agree that they will never switch the two sides and all of this is just speculation and discussion, but this is, after all, a discussion board.

Last edited by CandG; 08/20/2010 09:03 AM.

CandG
CandG #96152 08/20/2010 12:36 PM
H
H
An orgy beach? I have missed something. I know of the hidden hot tubs and the hidden hammocks and the hidden waterfall and the blue hole but the orgy beach?

Even after 30 years, there is something new to discover about H2.

Chuck

Kristof #96162 08/20/2010 04:30 PM
H
H
Why would some one want to lay nude on the prude beach? Seems like some one is playing games to me. There is a nude beach where you go nude. There is a prude beach for those that are not ready to go nude but want the sexually charged fun of Hedo at night. I think making the prude beach something different will ruin the resort. There are a few couples we enjoy seeing every trip who will not return if they dont have a prude beach. I hope that the people who no longer have Hedo III to go to dont try to make Hedo II a Hedo III.

Hedobill #96178 08/21/2010 05:55 AM
A
A
On my trip last November there was a couple (I think European) who were nude on the prude beach in the vicinity of the trapeze that is not there- in fcat they spent the week there. There was another couple who were nude on the beach adjacent to the water. At times, they have held the 4 p.m. nude volleyball game on the prude beach (not recently). My general feeling is that the resort is overwhelmingly nude, so it doesn't really bother me one way or the other. Perhaps the people i saw were more comfortable with a less populated beach?

Again, i have to say that no one needs to go through a nude area to get to their prude side room. If they go to their room by way of the beach it is on purpose.

HedoDiveMstr #96233 08/23/2010 05:57 AM
A
A
I would not want to be nude on the prude beach, BUT I think there are people who would like to be nude or partially nude and would prefer sparse crowds. They very well may wind up on the nude beach at some point in time.

I hope no one will say they could stay at the furthest point towards the dive shack, because that is voyeur central, as people walk as far as the first two walkways (the one by the massage shack and the one just past the lion)

AdirondackPaul #96236 08/23/2010 06:49 AM
H
H
I always sit in front of the massage hut (maximum shade) and I have never noticed voyeur central behavior.

So I will say (again) that the nude beach is big enough but most folks want to be near the bar and grill. That is why the 'hook' was built to accommodate the shift in the crowd from the old beach bar (now the massage hut).

BTW, as a result of the result of that hook, the beach on the hedo side of the hook is so poor (rocky bottom, for example) and the Point Village side of hook has been building up and up with terrific sand. But that is off topic.

Chuck

HedoDiveMstr #96245 08/23/2010 08:31 AM
A
A
The beach was as good as I have seen it in April, although that does not mean it was good. I completely agree with you in regard to the hook. Its not only the rocky bottom, but the currents created by the hook result in leaves and other debris laying on the bottom- a straight shoreline will eventually have debris washed up to be cleared by the beach crew- the hook results in back pressure from the shore so the stuff just lays.

AdirondackPaul #96338 08/25/2010 06:13 AM
H
H
The problem with the hook could have been delt with right after it was built. Every one knew that an opening was needed to keep the water circulating. It could have been done with a large buried pipe or what I had suggested back then a cut thru with a foor bridge making the hook an island. Now with the area filling in next to it, it's too late to do anything. The only thing possible is if SC was to buy 200 feet of Point Village's beach adding it to the hook and cut off the actual hook at the end.

Kristof #96342 08/25/2010 08:20 AM
S
S
I never thought of the concept that there is no CO area at HII. It's nude or prude (with topless allowed.) CO instead of prude makes so much sense. When the resort is near capacity and not a takeover, 95% of us are crammed into 1/3 of the property. If nudity offends, stay someplace else.

Not as good as I once was; but once, I'm as good as I ever was.
Seattlenative #96344 08/25/2010 08:45 AM
T
T
Actually, if I remember correctly, the original concept of the "nude" beach at H2 was that of a "CO" beach. One could ask Kevin about that but I recall that he stated that fact over ten years ago before he left for H3. Of course, things change. I have seen nudes quietly enjoying the "prude" beach which is very beautiful.Just keep the loudness on the "nude" side.

T-38 #96347 08/25/2010 10:16 AM
H
H
While it is true that the nude beach is about 1/3 of the beach front (vs property), most of the nude folks, by my observation, hang out in about 1/4 of that 1/3. Something like within 50 yards of the bar. As you move towards the massage hut, the density goes way down. There is plenty of room on the assigned nude beach.

H2 is not a nude resort but a resort that is designed to appeal to a variety of lifestyles. Nudity is one of them which is why it has its area and the prude beach supports another lifestyle and both lifestyles ought to be respected. If you are looking for a nude resort, look someplace else.

Chuck, probably causing trouble.

HedoDiveMstr #96352 08/25/2010 12:48 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by HedoDiveMstr
While it is true that the nude beach is about 1/3 of the beach front (vs property), most of the nude folks, by my observation, hang out in about 1/4 of that 1/3. Something like within 50 yards of the bar. As you move towards the massage hut, the density goes way down. There is plenty of room on the assigned nude beach.

H2 is not a nude resort but a resort that is designed to appeal to a variety of lifestyles. Nudity is one of them which is why it has its area and the prude beach supports another lifestyle and both lifestyles ought to be respected. If you are looking for a nude resort, look someplace else.

Chuck, probably causing trouble.

So it makes perfect sense to have 90% of us shoved into 1/3 of the beach? We set up camp near the bar because we're on vacation and we're being lazy, and we're thirsty (alot.) LOL

Seattlenative #96355 08/25/2010 01:38 PM
B
B
The nude beach has not been c/o since 1988; it has always been nude. I can't speak about it prior to that date.

I believe that the so called prude beach attracts people that would never try Hedo otherwise.

Anita
Bunz z #96358 08/25/2010 04:21 PM
R
R
Seattlenative,
I understand that C/O on the prude beach makes more sense to you than prude on the prude beach at Hedo II, but there are many (including many of us who spend our vacations on the nude side) who see and appreciate the existence of, and valuable role of, the prude beach to the overall Hedo II experience for many people.
BTW- To each their own, but when it comes to Hedo II I have never cared for the,
" if you don't like .... stay someplace else" sentiment. This is not new by any means, just an old sore spot for some of us. Hedo is a great vacation destination for lots of diffent people who enjoy their vacations different ways.
Roy

Roy in VA #96360 08/25/2010 04:34 PM
H
H
Roy, I was trying to say the same thing with my satirical (I thought) sentence. Of course, you did it more to the point.

I stand with you, as I too have that same sore spot.

Chuck

HedoDiveMstr #96414 08/27/2010 08:16 AM
S
S
OK, I'm insensitive to the prudes to say they can simply go someplace else. Didn't mean to whack your sore spot.

So help me understand:
Does it make sense to give twice as much beach to the prudes vs the nekkid throng?
Why allocate a disproportionatly large area to a small minority of the guests?
Why is it that when a "take over" wrests control from SC, they so often open the whole place up to C/O?
With HIII gone, I expect higher occupancy at HII and more crowding.

Seattlenative #96419 08/27/2010 09:37 AM
A
A
I think that what has evolved is a satisfactory way of dealing with the issue. If one or two couples are on the prude beach, away from other people and not havings open sex, I am fine with it. Apparently the resort is, as well, as they have not seemed to enforce it. I think that it part of the hedo msntra of "live and let live".

I think if throngs of nudes began to go over to the prude side it might result in a different reaction from the resort, but the current light use seems to be acceptable.

AdirondackPaul #96421 08/27/2010 09:44 AM
C
C
Actually, in April we saw a security guard go up and talk to a couple taking pictures on the prude side. It was about 10:00 one morning, and the husband was taking pictures of his wife/girlfriend who was nude. The background was the bay so there weren't even any other guests in the picture. In fact, they were the only people on that part of the prude beach. After he spoke to them she wrapped a towel around herself so I have to believe the conversation was about her being nude. I thought it was silly.

CandG
CandG #96427 08/27/2010 12:43 PM
R
R
While I also see the silliness of the incident CandG wrote about, the reality is still that in order to take a hard line on the rules on the nude side then it is a no-brainer that the resort would need to then enforce the no nudity rules on the other beach. I have a hard time seeing any way that doesn't make sense. The vast majority on nudes at Hedo II seem to want to make certain that people who come over there obey the rules and get naked asap. They usually have very little tolerance for those who want to spend time on the nude side without being nude.
Just a question to think about.... those of you who would like to see the prude beach changed to C/O... would you be willing to then also accept a change to C/O on the nude beach?
Since I think having a prude beach is and always has been a very important part of what has made Hedo successful I would never want to see it gone. I would still love a swap though!
Since there tend to be fewer prudes, let them have the smaller beach at area on the current nude side. Build a new nude pool complex on the prude side for the nudes on the larger, prettier beach. As for what becomes of open sex on that side.... it is not supposed to be happening anyway, so maybe if people felt a little more exposed over there then the sexual element could go back to the sexier naughty/sneaking thing it used to be rather than the more recent "This is my vacation and I can shoot body fluid on the bar in the the middle of the day if I want" attitude. Remember, back when the sex was more of an undercurrent than an In Your Face thing Hedo was nearly full for a large part of the year. I don't think the open sex has made Hedo more successful, or a better resort to visit so I would not want that to be the barrier to putting the larger group (nudes) on the larger, better beach (naturally with a new nude pool/bar/hot tub complex there too!)
Roy

Roy in VA #96430 08/27/2010 01:35 PM
C
C
I think this one comes down to simply a matter of common sense, Roy. It's 10:00 in the morning, no one is around and the camera is facing the bay. I say just let them take the pictures. Who are they harming? If the same scenario occurred on the nude side, I would fell the same way. If a man took pictures of his clothed wife out on the hook with the camera facing the water at 10:00am and then moved on, I would be fine with that.

CandG
CandG #96433 08/27/2010 04:14 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by CandG
Actually, in April we saw a security guard go up and talk to a couple taking pictures on the prude side. It was about 10:00 one morning, and the husband was taking pictures of his wife/girlfriend who was nude. The background was the bay so there weren't even any other guests in the picture. In fact, they were the only people on that part of the prude beach. After he spoke to them she wrapped a towel around herself so I have to believe the conversation was about her being nude. I thought it was silly.

That seems odd: The Teasums were doing nude shoots down by the water on the prude side in April, no one seemed to mind that.
Even a few Sandals people were looking on through the fence...

All in all, I'd rather be a hippy.
Parracky Parrot #96439 08/27/2010 08:30 PM
R
R
I agree with what CandG is saying about the incident described(though I am not sure CandG realizes from my previous post that I agree). The point is (to me) that most people don't mind if someone gets nude and snaps a few pics on the prude beach while respecting the privacy of the people there. I certainly don't mind if someone takes some personal pics on the prude side with no clothes on. Most people don't mind if someone spends a little time on the nude side without getting naked.
However (and here is where I start to climb on my soapbox) there are some pretty intolerant guests on the nude side sometimes who will literally shout down someone who is not naked immediately. I have seen a married woman forced to leave the nude beach because she was more comfortable with her bottom covered. A group of guests cited 'the rules' and forced her away in tears. This same group of idiots later proceeded to march naked to the prude side for a waterslide run and then naked to get drinks at the prude bar. My issue is the hippocracy of it. Very often folks on the nude side want nude rules enforced but show zero respect for the similar rules on the prude side. My entire issue is that if anyone thinks it's okay to violate the nudity rules on the prude side they should be willing to alow the same on the nude side. Out of respect for both groups I don't wear clothes on the nude side and I don't go nude on the prude side. Not all the tough really. smile
Roy
Roy

Roy in VA #96442 08/28/2010 08:29 AM
A
A
I think that doing a personal photo shoot at 10 a.m. on the prude beach is acceptable, as well as a couple or two sunning nude. If, on the other hand, there were two dozen people on the nude beach it would be necessary for the resort to declare some kind of policy- from c/o to topless, or something else that met the needs of the guests. Even if the prude beach adjacent to the pier became c/o or nude, the portion near Sandals should remain prude.

Last edited by AdirondackPaul; 08/28/2010 06:13 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Newest Members
Freddiecat, MaxnRoxie, BBC4urWife, Morgaine, Mitch&Jennifer
23560 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,316
HedoDiveMstr 5,121
Roy in VA 2,759
Liz in VT 2,605
Bunz z 1,920
Chicago Jake 1,760
Hedobill 1,356
diane 1,304
Top Posters(30 Days)
DennyP 9
Risu 3
LyleM 3
roy 3
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics10,466
Posts117,902
Members23,560
Most Online332
Jan 13th, 2020
Today's Birthdays
dlscuba, Donna & Don, hedo happy, Hedocat, mtcblark1, saskcouple
Who's Online Now
1 members (spreglguy), 62 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod