Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,606,078 why WWW
641,097 Class of ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sandals in dining room
#95945 08/14/2010 12:18 PM
G
Ginny Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Does anyone know if you have to wear sandals in the dining room or the restaurants? I have a pair of "pearl sandals", however they only cover the top of my feet and not sure if I can wear them in the dining room.

Re: Sandals in dining room
Ginny #95946 08/14/2010 01:05 PM
O
O
Probabky O.K. Women tend to get away with pretty much anything as far as "dress code". Wear something skimpy and they won't look at your feet anyway!

"Did I.Q.s just drop sharply while I was away?"

Aliens (1986)
Offshore #95947 08/14/2010 01:52 PM
H
H
For Pastafari, the general dress code to avoid wearing beach wear. So flip-flops might be turned away whereas 'designer' sandals will not have any issue. For me, I wear sandals that have my toes covered or my well worn topsiders.

For you main dining room, Munasan and Reggie Cafe, even flip-flops are ok.

Chuck

If this be a dream do not wake me up; if not a dream, wish me no sleep
HedoDiveMstr #95948 08/14/2010 02:18 PM
G
Ginny Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Offshore - great idea!!!!! The sandals aren't beach wear, they are very "foot bracelets". They aren't worn at the beach because the sand would ruin the pearls and they can't get wet because they would shrink.

Ginny #95949 08/14/2010 02:20 PM
G
Ginny Offline OP
OP Offline
G
They are called Barefoot Jewelry.

Ginny #95955 08/14/2010 07:45 PM
H
H
If you are barefooted despite these 'sandals', you might have a problem only in Pastafari (yes, I know there is a new name for the eatery).

Personally, I would not go barefooted anywhere in the main dining room area (Munasan too) as the booze is served in glass glasses and far too often they are dropped. Same goes for the disco and the piano bar.

Just my humble advice,
Chuck

Ginny #95956 08/14/2010 07:45 PM
R
Online Content
R
I only bring flip flops to wear on my feet, never been turned away yet. Of course, I do have my beach flops and my formal flops and I would never DREAM of wearing my beach flops to dinner. how gauche!

repeatoffender4th #95961 08/15/2010 04:34 AM
P
P
I thought I was the only one that had beach and formal flip flops. I stopped wearing heels after my second trip. It's all about comfort and not so much the look anymore. JMHO

Hedo Hugs,
Lady Di and Hedo Lion
pafuncouple #95967 08/15/2010 08:28 AM
G
G
I can't imagine that there would be an issue with your pearly things but as Chuck pointed out, the floors get pretty gross through the course of the evening. Perhaps wear them while in Pastafari and then put something else on when your going anywhere else.

Gary & Lora
Bosom Buddies

( . ) ( . )
garynlora #95968 08/15/2010 08:30 AM
R
Online Content
R
I gave up heels after I tripped in the courtyard outside the piano bar and spent the rest of the trip limping. Even had to buy a cane in the gift shop...I had always wondered why they had canes there.

repeatoffender4th #95981 08/15/2010 04:07 PM
C
C
IMHO, flip flops and slutwear just don't make it together. I keep a tight grip on my wife's hand was she navigates the obstacle course that the various flooring surfaces at Hedo present in her 7" heels and she looks GREAT! Then again, we're from Southern California where looks are everything. LOL

CandG
CandG #95990 08/15/2010 08:22 PM
H
H
I agree with Chuck. Glasses do get dropped. Sticky floors I could deal with, but a piece of glass in the foot could really "cut" your vacation fun short.

HedoLiz #95997 08/16/2010 05:25 AM
R
Online Content
R
Arthritic knees and foot injuries that will never properly heal sort of preclude heel wearing. Don't look at me then.

repeatoffender4th #95998 08/16/2010 05:32 AM
J
J
I agree also that being barefoot in the dining area isn't the best idea. I once got a staple in my foot that way. (nothing that pouring a bunch of overproof rum on the injury wouldn't heal, though.) smile

And yeah, it is possible to absolutely rock out the slutwear while wearing flip flops.... and look friggin' great while doing it. I'm living proof of that. Then again, I'm from South Florida where we know how to mix casual and cool with hot and sweaty. wink

jen_randy #96002 08/16/2010 06:32 AM
R
R
I think that Chuck is right on target with his reply about the possibility of broken glass. Barefoot is not wise in those areas, nor is a fake sandal that does not protect the bottom of the foot. I have seen the foot jewelry in question though and it is cute! Maybe at the pool or beach would better.

As for sandals worn with what some refer to as "slut wear"... I am clearly in a very small minority of men who find HIGH high heels (more than 3 inche heels perhaps) could not look any less sexy to me than they do! When I see ladies wearing heels so high and sometimes so 'clunky' that they walk funny and with a lack of stability and grace I have a hard time seeing that as anything sexy, and in fact to me (just me mind you!) it looks pretty silly. The ability to walk in some cases is so impaired that the resulting 'walk' is just the opposite of sexy to me.
However, to each their own! 'Sexy' is in the eye of the beholder! (I'm not a fan of enourmous fake boobs either- Go figure!) I realize that most other guys seem to find really high heels (the taller the better I guess) to be very sexy and I wish them all the best... it's just not for me!
Respect-
Roy

Roy in VA #96015 08/16/2010 10:03 AM
S
S
I agree with Roy (as I often do). I'm only 5'2, but I know my limitations, and any heel over 2 inches is too high for me, especially when exorbitant amounts of alcohol is involved. I've seen the ladies wobbling around on 5 inch heels, and I give 'em credit for trying. (Some of them can actually pull it off quite well) I do wear low heels to dinner and the piano bar, and see no reason why a lady couldn't wear sandals to either venue. If I can go into the piano bar wearing only heels, I don't think sandals will be a problem in the main dining room.

kim mustafa
Roy in VA #96021 08/16/2010 12:36 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by Roy in VA
I think that Chuck is right on target with his reply about the possibility of broken glass. Barefoot is not wise in those areas, nor is a fake sandal that does not protect the bottom of the foot. I have seen the foot jewelry in question though and it is cute! Maybe at the pool or beach would better.

As for sandals worn with what some refer to as "slut wear"... I am clearly in a very small minority of men who find HIGH high heels (more than 3 inche heels perhaps) could not look any less sexy to me than they do! When I see ladies wearing heels so high and sometimes so 'clunky' that they walk funny and with a lack of stability and grace I have a hard time seeing that as anything sexy, and in fact to me (just me mind you!) it looks pretty silly. The ability to walk in some cases is so impaired that the resulting 'walk' is just the opposite of sexy to me.
However, to each their own! 'Sexy' is in the eye of the beholder! (I'm not a fan of enourmous fake boobs either- Go figure!) I realize that most other guys seem to find really high heels (the taller the better I guess) to be very sexy and I wish them all the best... it's just not for me!
Respect-
Roy

Roy, if anything is strictly a matter of opinion, this certainly is. I like high heels, the higher the better! If a woman is well practiced in wearing them, she can pull it off quite well despite all the uneven walking surfaces at Hedo. My wife brought 8 pairs of 7" heels on the trip we just returned from and did very well with them (and looked FANTASTIC!) One of the EC's, who shall remain nameless, loved one pair so much that we ended up leaving them behind as a gift to the EC (with an appropriate note that they were a gift, of course).

CandG
CandG #96026 08/16/2010 02:10 PM
R
R
The other happy result of me not being turned on by big heels is that is makes it easier to travel with just carry-on luggage. My wife is perfectly happy traveling with a pair of low heels and a couple pairs of sandals. I would have to really really love shoes to travel with an entire suitcase full of them.
Whatever works for you is the name of the game CandG! Come to think of it... that's sort of what Hedo is all about.
Respect-
Roy

Roy in VA #96030 08/16/2010 03:15 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by Roy in VA
The other happy result of me not being turned on by big heels is that is makes it easier to travel with just carry-on luggage. My wife is perfectly happy traveling with a pair of low heels and a couple pairs of sandals. I would have to really really love shoes to travel with an entire suitcase full of them.
Whatever works for you is the name of the game CandG! Come to think of it... that's sort of what Hedo is all about.
Respect-
Roy

You're definitely right about the luggage issue. More than half of a large checked bag was shoes and the weight of those things add up too.

CandG
CandG #96034 08/16/2010 04:42 PM
R
R
At least when TSA opens it up ... it's just cute shoes! How many of us have been in line when a case was opened to reveal a suitcase full of sex toys... sometimes grinding away because they forgot to take the batteries out and the switch got bumped. At least it's just shoes.... smile

My wife and I used to take a LOT more stuff too, but over the years we have found that we need less and less to enjoy our Hedo trips. We can even take the basics to participate in most of the theme nights and still do just carry on. It is a fun challenge to see how little we can take. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, but it does make the travel easier.
Roy

repeatoffender4th #96037 08/16/2010 05:45 PM
H
H
I wear flip flops everywhere. The only time I wear sneakers is on the way in and the way out. It's all about comfort. They have never stopped us at Patafari.

Robert
Feb 7 to Feb 17
Trip41
Roy in VA #96038 08/16/2010 06:10 PM
C
C
The sex toys are right next to the "F me" shoes. smile And our checked bags have been checked by TSA. We know because we got the little note from them inside the bag saying that it was checked. I can imagine the TSA people saying, "Man, I wish *I* was on that vacation!"

CandG
CandG #96041 08/16/2010 06:58 PM
H
H
The TSA no longer allows batteries in checked bags. Batteries must be in carry-on bags. I made that mistake on my last trip to Jamaica by placing two 8 packs of C-cells for my dive lights and placed them in our checked dive bag. Both Liz and my bags were opened and only the batteries were moved to a different location in my dive bag.

I went to the TSA website and sure enough, batteries must be in carry-on luggage. The TSA inspection has nothing to do with your sex toys; it was your battries that you had left (I assume) in your toys.

Whatever they thought, well I cannot really know; they were just doing there job and I would guess that they have seen such devices before,

Chuck

HedoDiveMstr #96044 08/16/2010 07:28 PM
C
C
We didn't have any battery operated toys in the bag. It might have been the outline on the x-ray of the double dildo that intrigued them. smile

CandG
Roy in VA #96050 08/17/2010 06:20 AM
R
R
I have some added info about traveling with batteries, but to first to clarify my other post.... The incident I witnessed with the sex toys was in November of 2001 and we were coming home from Beaches Negril with our children. We were in line at the AirJamaybe counter to check our luggage and a couple in front of us had security called over to open their luggage right there at the counter. The guy had a Hedo shirt on and the wife was dressed for the airport like she was on break at a her strip club instead of checking on for an international flight. When the suitcase in quesion was opened there were sex toys everywhere. My wife thinks they opened it up because it was making a noise (as if a toy was turned on) but I was never sure. They pulled things out and rummage through things for about 5 min. then allowed the couple to repack it and check it. The coupkle was mortified and a lot of children in line probably had a lot of questions for their parents ... including ours!
The battery restrctions Chuck refers to were not in force at the time, but also to clarify those restrictions:
Currently it is permissible to pack regular batteries (like Alkaline Energizers, Normal rechargables, etc...) in checked or carry on luggage. There are no restrictions on the types of batteries one would use in a sex toy except that they be packed safely (safe from damage or short circuit -cover the poles, tape them together, don't have uncovered poles near other metal things).
The restrictions that do exist are for lithium-ion batteries (camcorder, computer, some cameras) and the rules don't even restrict those in checked luggage IF they are installed in their intended device. What IS banned from checked luggage are spare lithium-ion batteries for any devices. These types of batteries must be packed properly (protected from damage and possibility of short circuit) and can only be in carry-on luggage. This info is often misunderstood by people including TSA agents who seem as confused as the rest of us at times.
Good site to review this stuff is at:
http://safetravel.dot.gov/documents/airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf
Respect and good travels!
Roy

Roy in VA #96058 08/17/2010 10:50 AM
H
H
Roy, you are correct about your info posted and I misread so other TSA pages. Having said that, checked batteries will raise a reason to open the bag to have a look. Last time I went to Jamaica, both of our scuba equipment bags with each containing two 12 unopened packs of C-cells were opened by the TSA. The only thing that was moved from the place I packed them were the battery packages. I packed them wrapped within my BCD and when we arrived at MoBay the batteries were on the top of the equipment.

So you can pack batteries in your checked luggage, but it most likely be a reason that TSA will open your bag.

TSA did leave a note that they did open the bags.

Chuck

HedoDiveMstr #96060 08/17/2010 11:03 AM
D
Online Content
D
Security in Jamaica confiscated loose AA & AAA batteries that I had in my carry on when they checked it at the gate before boarding.

Quotes & Reservations from DennyP Travel L.L.C. - https://www.dennyp.com/dennyptravel/quote_request.htm
DennyP #96061 08/17/2010 11:09 AM
H
H
Denny, consider leaving all your extra (read unused or even slightly used) batteries with Noel or Monk.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Newest Members
israt jahan, WataView, Michael & Karen, JustinTara, Mary Beth
23574 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,331
HedoDiveMstr 5,122
Roy in VA 2,759
Liz in VT 2,605
Bunz z 1,922