Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,601,447 why WWW
639,712 Class of ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Harmless Fun vs Harmful
#4125 06/03/2009 10:18 AM
F
Junior Member (<31 posts)
Junior Member (<31 posts)
F
The Cavedwellers are starting to arrive this week. One thing we bring for the group is what several of our ladies call "manly man kits". It contains a toe ring, miniture bottles of nail polish in various colors, and a nail polish remover pad. Guys come up, pick out a color, and then get a nekked lady to apply it. The theory is that onlt a "manly man" would go around with painted toes all week. It is a badge of honor and a lot of fun.

Mick & Jeffrey
#4126 06/03/2009 11:12 AM
H
H
Having "FUN" at someone else's expense? Not right, If he was told NOT TO, more than once, He deserves what he got. Case Closed.
Regards & Respect.

#4127 06/03/2009 11:34 AM
R
R
"...using aterballoon launchers irresponsibly"

Is there any other way to use them?

Come-on kids, let's just get back to free love in the hot tub!

#4128 06/03/2009 01:24 PM
M
M
Originally posted by Lewis&Alice:
We have met Bill and he does show respect for others. He was just having some fun. What no one has a sense of humor no more. Bill is a real nice guy and he is no youngster. I would never raise my hands to someone of his age that is just disrespectful. Yes he should not have painted his nails if he was told not to but that does not man you raise your hands to him. You could have complained to Lorna or something not hit the poor guy. So are we advocating violence when something happens. This is not the Hedo spirit.
Is it hedo practice to do something to someone even after they've said no, twice?
If he's an adult like you said, he shouldn't have done it. I don't condone hitting, but I don't condone "doing it anyway"

#4129 06/03/2009 01:38 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Hedo's slogan is "Be wicked for a week " , right ?
I thought up until now that it was full of open minded fun loving people .Not a bunch of whiners.
Perhaps they need to change the slogan to , Be a narrow minded uptight pinhead for a week .

#4130 06/03/2009 01:49 PM
M
M
Not liking nail polish makes someone a narrow minded uptight pinhead?

I don't think anyone who knows me at hedo would use those words to describe me!

#4131 06/03/2009 02:21 PM
R
R
Personally it would not bother me and I would probably think it was funny that it could be done without me knowing it. But overall I think doing things to others without their permission at Hedo or anywhere else is a bad idea. If we are only talking about painting the toes of friends who think its funny, then sure.... have fun! Otherwise we have no business touching anyone else without their permission. Uninvited touching is uninvited touching. Whether or not the painter and his friends think it is funny is not the point at all. IMO it is disrespectful to think it is okay to touch someone uninvited, or make a joke out of a stranger by painting his toe for your amusement. Keep it within your circle of friends who think it's fine and funny. The next thing I say is gonna get me flamed, but here goes.... If someone makes it clear that he/she does not want you to paint their toenail and you do it anyway... you should be reprimanded just like anyone else who insists on bothering other guests who would rather not be part of your game or your joke.
Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Roy in VA

#4132 06/03/2009 07:03 PM
M
M
Originally posted by Fut The Wuck:
Hedo's slogan is "Be wicked for a week " , right ?
I thought up until now that it was full of open minded fun loving people .Not a bunch of whiners.
Perhaps they need to change the slogan to , Be a narrow minded uptight pinhead for a week .
Very well stated. One person hears one thing and we hear another. We know RB and he wouldn't do this to someone who asked not to have it done. The "victim" could've been a jerk to begin with and came across as a cool guy. Everyone at Hedo is a friend we just haven't met yet. Lewis said it right. RB is a skinny older(than me) gentleman so what kind of person would take to physical violence?

#4133 06/03/2009 07:21 PM
P
pye Offline
P
Ditto to what Roy in VA said ... well worded!

#4134 06/04/2009 09:00 AM
B
B
At the risk of being called prejudiced….does anyone on this board that think that a women painting men’s toes on the beach was somehow more acceptable than a man painting men’s toes on the beach?

I know it ‘shouldn’t’ make a difference but I’m guessing some men are funny that way…..the idea of another man crawling around in the sand to paint his nails verses a woman doing it.

Anita

The teeth that laugh are also those that bite.~ West African Proverb

Anita
#4135 06/04/2009 09:33 AM
M
M
Very good point, Anita. Could be some subconcious phobia going on.

#4136 06/04/2009 10:37 AM
H
H
Bunz z I think when you talked about the females doing it the men were OK with it. When some one says don't paint my toe nails and some one does it anyway then the painter has crossed the line. Painting the toes of some one with a group of friends is one thing but once you have been told NO then its just like touching in sex. NO means NO period, no if ands or butts. If I tell you not to do something to me and you go ahead and do it then you should be punished.

#4137 06/04/2009 01:00 PM
S
S
Wow...the nail polish thing almost outdoes "Photography at Hedo"...Maybe we should just post photos of RB painting toes....My God people...get a grip on reality here...It's only toe nail polish and seems all in good fun...for a place with "No rules" , Hedo 2 certainly has alot of them!

New Years Eve Week
http://www.BareBottomBunch.com
Dec.27-Jan.3 2018
#4138 06/04/2009 01:19 PM
M
M
Originally posted by sabinaandscott:
Wow...the nail polish thing almost outdoes "Photography at Hedo"...Maybe we should just post photos of RB painting toes....My God people...get a grip on reality here...It's only toe nail polish and seems all in good fun...for a place with "No rules" , Hedo 2 certainly has alot of them!
after reading many of the posts, I totally agree.
some of us should suck it up with a killer head ache so others can have a blast! Besides, we always have persription ibuprophine! I'm completely willing to waste an hour of -my- vacation with a killer head ache so others can have fun. What was I ever thinking trying to be a killjoy on -my- vacation?!

#4139 06/04/2009 02:03 PM
F
OP Offline
F
All in favor of RB painting toenails raise your hand,,,,,,errrrr, feet in the air !!

#4140 06/04/2009 03:04 PM
H
H
I will raise both feet. This thread is absurd.

#4141 06/04/2009 03:52 PM
L
Online Content
L
My own opinion is that I don't want anybody painting any part of me without my prior consent. I especially don't want somebody messing with me if I happen to be sleeping on the beach. I don't go on vacation to be fodder for someone else's pranks and amusement.

#4142 06/04/2009 04:25 PM
F
F
I'm with the toe raisers myself!

Bring back the nail polish RB....

My husband really liked the bright orange!!!!

I never got to see the color changing polish myself, but would love to one of these day!!!

AND, I agree with Anita, it seems to be a gender thing?!

How many of you hedonists would mind if a nice lady painted your toes?

#4143 06/04/2009 05:07 PM
T
T
Sarah & I met RastaBill on our last trip and he seemed a really nice guy.

I would like to think he felt the same way about us.

I'm not sure I would 'like' him to paint my nails, but sure as hell, I would not punch him if he did - maybe just ask him to 'buy' me a drink instead!!

Anyway, Sarah would probably have told him to paint away in the first place :-)

Truck

#4144 06/04/2009 06:31 PM
M
M
Glad to hear there are still people with the Hedo spirit! We will raise our toenails in the air too, just like we told RB. Seems a few people don't appreciate practical jokes. Some need to look up the word "practical". We love laughing. ffungal, I saw the color change on my big toenails and it is wild.

#4145 06/05/2009 05:18 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Perhaps we should start a new group when RB is at Hedo. We can call it "Bills Bunions " !

#4146 06/05/2009 07:06 AM
I
I
Perhaps we should start a new group when RB is at Hedo. We can call it "Bills Bunions " !
I'll gladly join that group. All toes up to RB.

Dave and Jean
Val's-Pals
Nov.6-13, 2010

Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.
Jimmy Buffett
#4147 06/05/2009 10:40 AM
H
H
OK as long as we are raising our feet lets also raise our hands. Lets agree to a new fun sport for the guys on the beach. As a female walks by every guy has the right to grab her ass or other body part. After all its being done in fun and every one wants to have fun while at Hedo. If a female complains and says dont touch me then tough shit lady the guys are just having some fun. Hey if the females dont like the men having fun they can just stay in their rooms all day. Is this what Hedo is becoming? Anything goes as long as some one is enjoying it and having fun? To hell with what others think or feel about the sport as long as its fun for at least one person then it belongs at Hedo. This may seem far fetched but it is no different than painting toes. NO means NO. Your fun should not cause a problem with my vacation.

#4148 06/05/2009 10:46 AM
L
Online Content
L
OK as long as we are raising our feet lets also raise our hands. Lets agree to a new fun sport for the guys on the beach. As a female walks by every guy has the right to grab her ass or other body part. After all its being done in fun and every one wants to have fun while at Hedo. If a female complains and says dont touch me then tough shit lady the guys are just having some fun. Hey if the females dont like the men having fun they can just stay in their rooms all day. Is this what Hedo is becoming? Anything goes as long as some one is enjoying it and having fun? To hell with what others think or feel about the sport as long as its fun for at least one person then it belongs at Hedo. This may seem far fetched but it is no different than painting toes. NO means NO. Your fun should not cause a problem with my vacation.

I hope folks get your point. I remember a young woman that thought it was fun to randomly smack guys on the ass, VERY hard, just because she was having fun and thought they should have a sense of humor about it. Despite repeated requests to stop, and then warnings to stop, she persisted. I realize that's much different than painting toenails, but the principle is much the same as you explained it.

#4149 06/05/2009 10:49 AM
F
OP Offline
F
That makes as much sense as waterballoons. To the best of my knowledge RB only gets you if he knows you . I guess Hedo is going to have to do a week just for the pinheads that dont get it .

#4150 06/05/2009 10:52 AM
M
M
Originally posted by Mayor & Diva:
Glad to hear there are still people with the Hedo spirit! We will raise our toenails in the air too, just like we told RB. Seems a few people don't appreciate practical jokes. Some need to look up the word "practical". We love laughing. ffungal, I saw the color change on my big toenails and it is wild.
YES YES YES!!
a raging head ache is so practical on my vacation!
I love making people laugh and give up a few hours of my time with a killer head ache! As long as a few select people are happy, who cares?!

#4151 06/05/2009 10:58 AM
J
J
To the best of my knowledge RB only gets you if he knows you .
Not true...I know of instances where guys found nail polish on their toes and had no idea who did it or how it got there.

BTW, I figured sooner or later someone would take a swing at RB over this...surprised it didn't happen sooner, unless it did and I am not aware of it.

Nice to see that others think it is time to retire this prank...even if it does make us "pinheads" in the eyes of some posters.

I give it a two toes down.

#4152 06/05/2009 11:53 AM
L
Online Content
L
RB painted my toes when he didn't know me and persisted even after I made it clear he should stop. This stuff that some folks think is harmless in their opinion is just the kind of stuff that can create problems with other people.

#4153 06/05/2009 12:38 PM
B
B
I guess Hedo is going to have to do a week just for the pinheads that dont get it .
Marty, I don't know you but know you have a great spirit and love Hedo. I ask that you reconsider your approach on this nail painting issue.

Anita

It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.-- Oscar Wilde

Anita
#4154 06/05/2009 04:38 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Anita , I appreciate that , thank you for the kind words.
Ive known RB for awhile now , and what I do know about him is that he is respectful and a man of his word . Which is very hard to find these days.
And if he thought his actions would either harm or piss someone off he wouldnt do it , plain and simple.
Lets face it , weve all seen people or have heard of someone doing something a hell of a lot worse or harmful to our fellow "Hedonites " than a swipe of polish across a toe nail . Ron ( whom Ive never met , and all my best wishes & prayers go out to for a speedy recovery ) being a case in point.
I dont mean to offend anyone by my comments on here , but damn guys , lets lighten up a little.And remember the spirit and fun that makes Hedo what it is . Respect, Marty

#4155 06/05/2009 07:40 PM
L
L
I've known RB since my 2nd trip to H2 and that was a while ago. He was one of the first people to make me feel at home at H2 and has always been considerate of my feelings and level of being comfortable.

I also know we all suffer from our own issues and RB is no different. We are all human.

This has been a hard topic to watch ... I care for RB and he is part of our H2 family and yet I also feel that over the last year or so the toenail thing was *done* and it was time to move on....but how to say that without hurting RBs feelings?

I also know RB struggles with issues, as I do...not always an easy thing to have aired in public. But here we all are.

I know that RB found the toenail painting enjoyable and certainly wouldn't want to feel like his enjoyment was had at the risk of someone else not having fun. He is just not that kind of guy. Though when in his cups perhaps this didn't register. I also know that for me punching a man of his age and issues is so completely out of the question ... there are other ways to deal with problems.

Finally, this public flogging has gotten the point across. I feel for RB and for those who have been offended by his behavior. I am also sad that what we all seem to feel when we are *there* is lost here on Denny's. I guess I tend to try to see the good in life and *mankind*....this thread and the past several threads are just a freakin' bummer (and I don't mean the thread about Ron's terrible misfortune). The spirit that we have loved and has loved us is so missing.....

I guess my point is...we all try to be good humans and to enjoy ourselves and I doubt that many of us consciously do that at others expense. Yes, we are all responsible for our actions...but what does it cost us to show some empathy and to help someone who may be struggling along their path?

I think we have all *learned our lesson* with this thread. At what expense?

Jah bless,

Liz

Liz of Chrisandlizvt
( . ) ( . )

See you on the beach!!!
#4156 06/05/2009 11:03 PM
C
C
Thank you, Liz, for voicing my feelings so well. You are so on target.

Regards,
Chris
"The Naked Truth About Hedonism II" New 3rd edition!
at www.chrissantilli.com
Print, audiobook and ebooks
#4157 06/06/2009 03:55 AM
M
M
Very nicely said Liz.
We are not stupid people and usually know where to draw the line between what is ok and not. If we step over that line at some point we have to be an adult about it and accept the results of the mistake.
Being drunk is no excuse and RB knows this well. He is a good and generous man and he screwed up by taking it too far and is now paying the price here in public.
It's time to move on people. This is a dead issue.I have heard from more than one long timer that he has been told in writing from superclubs to cease and desist this prank and I'm sure he will.
We all go to relax and enjoy our time off and if it becomes necessary to take a few minutes to remind someone that no means no,well that's just the real world intrudeing on our little bit of paradise. Roll with it and move on.
Sorry for going on for so long.

Peace and respect, John

#4158 06/06/2009 06:38 AM
S
S
Thank you, Liz. I too have learned to appreciate RB's presence on the Hedo beach.

We old-timers certainly recall the unwritten rule at Hedo: I do not have the right to interfere with someone else's good time. And clearly, RB has done that on occasion.

He is very much like a speeder on the highway who passes through a radar trap. It is fun for him to speed but now it is work for the trooper. But that trooper has several options. He can choose not to follow RB. He can pull him over and issue a ticket. Or a written warning. Or a verbal warning. Or he can use one of several devices issued to subdue RB.

It is my hope that the verbal warning will prevail when we are confronted with others' actions that do inadvertently infringe on our good time.

Now, anyone have a lock?

#4159 06/06/2009 07:43 PM
S
S
I think I have had my toenails painted three times at HII. Twice by ladies in our group (while I was asleep) and once by RB while standing at Delroys. While I know RB (not well) I didn't think it was appropriate for him to sneak around painting toenails of guys he did not know at all or did not know well, so I was mildly POed when he got me. I think Anita is right on about who can get away with the nail painting. When the ladies painted my toenails, the red paint became a badge of honor shortly after I woke up and I saw my friends were there waiting for my reaction.

I know of someone who was really POed and threatened to punch RB but did not. I thought the paintee overreacted; however, I really understood his displeasure. So, based on my observations, I would say that anyone painting toenails of someone that they do not know well is being pretty foolish. It really is no different from a guy being welcomed to gently fondle a number of lady friends on the beach, but being careful to avoid any unwanted touching of strangers. There is a time and place for everything!!!!

Bill
"Ya gotta do your ting"
#4160 06/06/2009 08:31 PM
D
D
Well I just read this entire thread and to whom-ever first said it first, "this thread is absurd!"

I would like Denny to add a comment by the visitor's schedule re: Toe Nail Painting. Yes or no.

All you folks who get your panties in a wad over something truly so benign, done with solely the intent to have fun, make sure and sign up. I *DON'T* want to be at Hedo with you guys. mad

If you're that hard up with something meant to be truly funny and are incapable of laughing at it, then you are not the folks I want to spend my fun with.

Lighten up a bit and relax.

Geez . . . . :rolleyes:

AKA: Bob & Rhonda Member #31 Posts: 3710 | From: Clearwater, FL | Registered: Aug 2001

>>Hedodocs<<
#4161 06/07/2009 04:02 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Yeah, What he said ,,,,,,,,,,

#4162 06/07/2009 08:14 AM
R
R
Bob,
While I agree overall and do not care personally if my toes get painted at Hedo it is important to know the difference between having fun 'with' someone at Hedo (or anywhere else) and having fun at someone's expense.
Example: I grew up with a bunch of friends who loved the challenge of sticking an embarrassing note on the back of one of our friends in crowded places. This was to see if we could be stealthy enough to get away with it, to see how long the dufus would not know it was there, and to embarrass our friend if we could. We were all in the game all thought it was funny. Should a note like this be stuck to the back of a kid who is unrelated to our group, unrelated to the game? Would including someone outside our group without his knowledge or consent still be the right thing to do? Would it then become something done AT his expense for our amusement?
When we did it to each other it was fun, funny and challenging for all of us since we were all on our guard. Doing it to someone else would just be making fun of them for our own amusement... not theirs... and therefore should not be considered the right thing to do. What seems benign fun or funny to one group does not necessarily seem that way to others... and thier view is just as important as yours!
Does this view make any sense to anyone? Do your rights to enjoy your vacation unmolested cease if you go to Hedo? That is what the real issues is in this thread I think.
I consider myself 'in the game' at Hedo. However at the same time I am respectful enough of others that I would never presume that I should get to decide for others if they are in the game or not. Lots of people go to Hedo for lots of different reasons and each of them should get to decide for themselves what they want to take part in and what they do not want to take part in. This really seems like a no-brainer to me.
So, if anyone bothered to read this far into my rambling manifesto... how far off base am I in my thinking?
Respect-
Roy in VA

#4163 06/07/2009 12:16 PM
P
pye Offline
P
That makes as much sense as waterballoons. To the best of my knowledge RB only gets you if he knows you . I guess Hedo is going to have to do a week just for the pinheads that dont get it .
Nope, he gets you if you don't know him as well.

#4164 06/07/2009 04:54 PM
M
M
This has been a fun thread just for watching the few people getting upset at having a drop of toenail polish on their big toe at HEDO of all places. Who really goes to Hedo to relax. People go to laugh and socialize and come home with fun memories and stories. Some folks think differently while on this board rather than if they were actually down at our magical home away from home. It almost seems some are saying they want a heads up detailed signed contract before going through with a practical joke on them.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Newest Members
Freddiecat, MaxnRoxie, BBC4urWife, Morgaine, Mitch&Jennifer
23560 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,316
HedoDiveMstr 5,121
Roy in VA 2,759
Liz in VT 2,605
Bunz z 1,920
Chicago Jake 1,760
Hedobill 1,356
diane 1,304
Top Posters(30 Days)
DennyP 9
Risu 3
LyleM 3
roy 3
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics10,466
Posts117,902
Members23,560
Most Online332
Jan 13th, 2020
Today's Birthdays
dlscuba, Donna & Don, hedo happy, Hedocat, mtcblark1, saskcouple
Who's Online Now
1 members (spreglguy), 62 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod