Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,601,447 why WWW
639,712 Class of ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Resort Maintenance & Overall Upkeep
#24599 05/09/2008 04:48 AM
H
hpnotiq Offline OP
Junior Member (<31 posts)
OP Offline
H
Not sure if this has been covered but I would like to get others opinions on the upkeep & maintenace of the resort...

I was there last July (late) and I have to say I was quite dissappointed with a number of things service wise--maid service, lack of bath towels, room just overal didn't seem clean to us--especially the bathroom-the fixtures, the garden tub-everything seemed as if it could use a good coat of paint and overall just needed to be updated...

I wont even go into the VCR's they provide--does anyone even still have VHS tapes? I mean who would travel with them if they did? And since it is mounted to the ceiling it was impossible to plug up our portable DVD player to watch the dvd's we brought..

We LOVED the atmosphere though and are considering returning and would like to know

1. Have they updated anything?
2. Am I the only one who felt that way?
3. Does anyone feel they "let the place go" because no one really comes there for great accomodations anyway-it's all about atmosphere?
4. Does anyone feel that they think no one cares/notices becasue we are all a bunch of freaks?

I just don't get it--I bet no other resort (within the same price range) has mold, leaky stained ceilings, broken AC's, dirty, stained, worn bathrooms, fixtures and furnishings..

Anyone else dissappointed with that aspect of the property?

Hpnotiq_Dime--the name says it all!
Re: Resort Maintenance & Overall Upkeep
#24600 05/09/2008 06:21 AM
H
H
Yes. I was at H3 in mid April/2008. I, too, noticed that ordinary maintenance was being overlooked especially in the rooms.

I have some understanding of the Hedo business model within the SC brands. I know not to sweat the small stuff.

But if a guest has a room complaint, I would think that that would be placed on the top of the priority list for the maintenance. My room had a toilet that did not flush properly (stuff left in the bowel after several flushes). I determined that the flush valve was broken (parts floating in the tank water). I took them to guest services who said that it would be fix immediately. Was not fixed for my entire stay despite my daily reminders.

Similar situation with the shower head which was so broken that nearly all the water sprayed everywhere by on me. The walls were clean though and the mold got feed. Guest services, who again said that it would be repaired immediately, did not come thru.

No beach towels at all. Which caused hoarding when they did arrive (in very small quantities) which caused the towel shortage to be worse. My advice to upcoming guests on this point is to bring your own.

Lots of mold on the shutters inside and out.

So I feel that, yes, there does seem to be a "let the place go" attitude.

I was traveling with a friend who stays at H3 frequently; he is a loyal fan. He said that he will not return to H3 due to the deferred maintenance issues he saw.

Thank goodness we went to Braco afterwards.
Chuck

If this be a dream do not wake me up; if not a dream, wish me no sleep
#24601 05/13/2008 08:13 AM
B
B
The GM, Kevin Levee, used to be very visible walking around the resort noting problem areas as well as chatting with guests. Now, however, he has to split his time with the other resort he manages. This might be part of the problem...

Make lounger-saving a capital offense! Contact your congressman today!

I'm too young to be this old, Dammit!
8th trip soon come - sometime
#24602 05/13/2008 11:10 AM
H
H
On our last and possibly final trip to HedoIII, we were told "They are in a meeting" each and every time we asked to speak to a manager. Only once did anyone finally come to speak with us, but that was near the end of the day, hours after the issue. And nothing was done about it.

NEXT (2010)
2/21-28 Breezes Rio Bueno
6/6-20 Dreams RC & PA
7/24-8/1 El Dorado/HBR(Bears)

PAST:
CouplesOR-95,97,00,01
HedoIII-03,04,05 (BAL Crew)
GLB-06(Full Moons)
GLB-07,08,09 (Bears)
Starfish-07,08
Rose Hall-08,09
GLN-09 (June Folks)
#24603 05/13/2008 12:54 PM
H
H
The splitting of GM attention is, by my thinking, definitely part of the problem.

And the splitting of the staff seems to have continued. The scuba operation between BRB and H3 has now shifted with all (or nearly all) the scuba staff transferred to H3 with some staff made redundant.

Have heard rumors that the house keeping staff (or some of it) are being assigned to both BRB and H3. Have heard rumors that the maintenance staff is assigned to both BRB and H3.

Chuck

If this be a dream do not wake me up; if not a dream, wish me no sleep
#24604 05/13/2008 04:10 PM
M
M
Reading these posts makes me very sad. We are going for our third trip in July. From what we are reading from the Hedo regulars it may very well be our last. We noticted the rooms were run down the last time we went in July 07. We will probably give Desires a try for the next vacation.

Hey British Redneck when are you going in July? You whipped me in the "Pimp and Ho" contest last year, and it is time for some payback! smile

Mikey

#24605 05/13/2008 05:29 PM
L
L
I have read similar threads on other sites about maintenance issues at Hedo III. If this is what you are seeing and unhappy with it, are you informing SuperClubs Corporate about it?? Ultimately, they are the ones that need to know--not just Kevin (GM) at the resort.

#24606 05/13/2008 08:10 PM
H
H
Actually Braco and Starfish are the only SuperClubs resorts we are going to currently. And that is possibly changing very soon. Braco also has had run of poorer service. June and July will determine the future for my wife and I.

NEXT (2010)
6/6-20 Dreams RC & PA

PAST:
CouplesOR-95,97,00,01
GLB-06(Full Moons)
GLB-07,08,09 (Bears)
Starfish-07,08
Rose Hall-08,09
GLN-09 (June Folks)
#24607 05/13/2008 08:16 PM
S
S
Hedo 3 is in much better shape than 2, but I agree with others who say inform Super Clubs. If some of the issues at H2 have not been resolved, we have decided to give Desire a try next year.

#24608 05/14/2008 04:48 AM
N
N
After 10 trips, we to are dissappointed with the current state H3 seems to be in now, and as a result, are going to try Desires in Oct rather than going back "Home", which I have some trepidation about.

There was another issue we experrienced this time that we have not before. Though the "old" crew was always outgoing and flirtaous, they always seemed to know where the line was, and did not cross it. This past Apr, on several occasions, several different male staff members, came right out, and asked my SO, if she wanted to f***, and after being told no, persisted with their inquiry. Now, being fresh and flirtaous is one thing, but the bold persistance was new. And, even when my SO asked one of them, wasn't he putting hes job at risk, his response was, ah, its just a job.

So, my question is, has anyone else noticed/experienced a more overt boldness on the part of the male staff members, or has it been this way, and we just have seen it before??

#24609 05/14/2008 06:30 AM
B
B
Originally posted by Michael and Stacey:

Hey British Redneck when are you going in July? You whipped me in the "Pimp and Ho" contest last year, and it is time for some payback! smile

Mikey
No doubt we'll get a slap on the wrist from Denny for talking about dates but we'll be there from July 14th to July 26th. Looking forward to seeing you both again.

We are now taking you back to your normal programming.

Make lounger-saving a capital offense! Contact your congressman today!

I'm too young to be this old, Dammit!
8th trip soon come - sometime
#24610 05/14/2008 08:12 AM
O
O
I can agree with some of the above, but you have to remember. this is not a "5 Star Resort". In several trips to both H2 and H3, I have encountered some room problems, but they were taken care of ( sometimes on "Jamaican time"). Twice we did have to change rooms because of a problem, and in both cases, we were "upgraded"
I have always found that courtesy and diplomacy will accomplish the desired result, rather than demanding and complaining. Perhaps I have been "lucky", but I feel that these minor issues did not diminish my vacation.
If you are staying at the Ritz Carlton, and paying Ritz Carlton prices, then in my opinion you would have much higher expectations. But remember, at the Ritz Carlton, then frown on nudity and PDA's...

"Did I.Q.s just drop sharply while I was away?"

Aliens (1986)
#24611 05/14/2008 08:14 AM
O
O
"they" frown upon nudity and PDA's....

I also forgot to say that H3 is in much better condition than H2....in my humble opinion.

Aliens (1986)
#24612 05/14/2008 08:46 AM
H
H
Offshore - The complaints were not small issues...being lied to about availability of certain items, the filter on the nude pool being broken (and missing) for days, it getting so cloudy that you could not see your penis when standing in it, people breaking out in rashes from the water, EC's being rude (two of them left soon after, so there were other issues), money taken from a guest to buy something followed by the manager claiming that the staff member would not have done such a thing (even with 4 others backing the guest), and others...it was not a great week at Hedo III...and it was our last, at least for a while.

I understand what your expectations are for a resort like Hedo III (after all I went 3 times in 3 years), however I saw a steady decline in many aspects and moved on for a while.

NEXT (2010)
6/6-20 Dreams RC & PA

PAST:
CouplesOR-95,97,00,01
GLB-06(Full Moons)
GLB-07,08,09 (Bears)
Starfish-07,08
Rose Hall-08,09
GLN-09 (June Folks)
#24613 05/14/2008 01:52 PM
O
O
Tiger, Sorry to hear of such a bad experience. I can't blame you for not wanting to go back for awhile. I guess we have always been lucky to only have small issues. I just hope that our next trip is as smooth as our past ones. I'll let you know and hopefully have a good report.

Aliens (1986)
#24614 05/14/2008 01:52 PM
H
H
HedoTiger, From your list of complaints I don't see any indication that anything is really "downhill". Besides a broken pool filter which is a single incidence of a broken item, and a couple isolated non-persistent employee issues - I don't see how you can claim that anything is going downhill.

Things go wrong, things break, employees are humans and overworked so they have bad days.

Cocktails International
Jul 21 - July 28, 2012

www.cocktailsintl.com
#24615 05/14/2008 05:47 PM
H
H
Hare - It was the steady decline over a three year period. The filter was not just broken...it was not there....for three days...and where did the replacment come from...they took it from the Quad Pool...

It is not just me...when we returned two years ago, many on this very site were compaining of the same issues...and out of the 50 that went with us, I do not know but of 8 or so that have returned.

Each and every week over that 3 year period, a steady decline was obvious. The reason so many look past the issues of Hedo resorts is the sex. Period. I guess finally we have decided that our time on vacation deserves better.

I do want to add that, if many of the service issues are proven to be rectified, I will gladly give it another try. There are just too many that agree, at least to a degree, that issues still remain. And right now they effectively have part time management doing a full time job.

NEXT (2010)
6/6-20 Dreams RC & PA

PAST:
CouplesOR-95,97,00,01
GLB-06(Full Moons)
GLB-07,08,09 (Bears)
Starfish-07,08
Rose Hall-08,09
GLN-09 (June Folks)
#24616 05/15/2008 05:19 AM
W
W
Originally posted by HedoTiger:
.... The reason so many look past the issues of Hedo resorts is the sex. Period...
So when we say we go for the prople, we go for the people to have sex? Boy Boy Boy are we getting ripped off, 7 trips under the belt with an average of 10 days, for the most part, the wife is always on her Period...If things do not improve in the sex department this time, we are not going again...

Until 8/1 to 8/8 2009

FEEL DA LOVE MON!!!

smile laugh cool

Ivy n Rick
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/awolinhedo

www.awolinhedo.com

"Trip #10 to Hedo 3, 7/29/10 to 8/7/10"
#24617 05/15/2008 05:52 AM
H
H
HedoTiger - when you go to Starfish, be sure and say Hello to Richard Bourke. (Say Hello for me too, please). I understand that he really misses Hedo.

Respect.

The more you look, the more you see.
#24618 05/15/2008 06:30 AM
S
S
Having just returned from Hedo III I feel that although some of the complaints may be well founded, most seem to be minor issues. As veterans of 15 Hedo III trips we've seen good things and not so good things as far as maintenance goes, but from our opinion now, things are going really well. The room was in excellent repair with all systems working. We also heard no complaints from any other guests about their rooms or maintenance issues. There were lots of towels at all hours of the day and evening, and almost every single lounge on the nude side had a new or nearly new float. There are new chairs in the Scotch Bonnet, new tables, chairs and umbrellas on the roof (the Sunset Cafe) and most of the chairs have been painted in the Terrace restaurant. They have hung muslin drapes in the disco and fresh paint was evident all over the resort. There were a number of rooms closed off in some of the buildings as the maintenance crews worked through them checking, fixing and painting. Everywhere you looked during the day there were groundskeepers hard at work raking, trimming and generally keeping the place looking great. In short, we felt the resort is in great shape. They do have some issues from time to time, but this is the Caribbean and when things break, you can't just run down to Lowes or Home Depot and pick up a replacement part. Sometimes it just takes a little time and a little patience. I vote to give them some slack. I feel that management takes great pride in "their" resort and does their very best to keep it in top notch shape for their guests.

Sunset Bill and Miss Nancy
Jamaican Waterslide Team -
14th Annual Meeting
Hedo II - 9/7 to 9/14, 2013
www.jwst.com
#24619 05/15/2008 07:10 AM
O
O
Sunset,

Thanks for your report! It's good to know that things are being taken care of!!

Aliens (1986)
#24620 05/15/2008 07:16 AM
H
H
Hedo-regular - I will get my wife to do so. She will be there with the kids, then I join them at Rose Hall the following week.

WLIV - I did not mean for my comment to be all-inclusive. I have had discussions with visitors that have stated explicitly that they overlook those issues because they cannot do what they do anywhere else. I apologize to anyone who I offended with that blanketing comment.

Sunset - Thanks for the update. Most of our issues were not with the facilities. It was with the overall attitude of the resort. Yes, things break, but do not LIE about the issue. If we have ants, do not spray the HELL out of the room, leaving the room smelling horribly, and act pissed when we asked to be moved.

I have heard, and believe that there are some things heading in the positive direction. I do feel that having a full time, single location manager is the answer, if they are willing to do what he or she feels is necessary, once he gets out and gets to know his clients.

I want to return to Hedo III when it is what I felt it was like on my first visit in '03. We enjoyed it incredibly. I could not imagine going anywhere else. But that did end when I visited Braco by cab with a travel agent during our last Hedo III visit. Unfortunately, most of those whoe we travelled with to Hedo III for three trips have moved on to Desire. They used to go to Desire and Hedo III...now they frequent Desire 2-3 times per year.

But I do advise anyone wishing to go to Hedo III, do it. That is the same reason we are going to Couples Sans Souci next April.

NEXT (2010)
6/6-20 Dreams RC & PA

PAST:
CouplesOR-95,97,00,01
GLB-06(Full Moons)
GLB-07,08,09 (Bears)
Starfish-07,08
Rose Hall-08,09
GLN-09 (June Folks)
#24621 05/15/2008 09:00 AM
F
F
We gotta say: what concerns us MORE than any maintenance or repair issue is the fact that there seems to be occasions where staff persons have become aggressive?????

Can ANYBODY who has been there in the last couples of months elaborate on this fearful topic???

Thanks!!

Hedo come not soon enough, mon.
Hedo 3 - June 23 to June 30
#24622 05/15/2008 09:11 AM
N
N
I would echo fun_seekers comments about staff being aggressive. One common thread about what goes on at hedo is respecting what other people are, or are not, into. We have never had a situation where saying no to someone was met with anything but courtesy. To have a staff member be pushy is completely out of line. If it truly is just a job to them, I would be happy in that situation to help them on their way to finding a new one. With the amount of impairment going on with most people at least some point in their stay, I would label that kind of behavior inappropriate at least, and at its worst predatory. I would be interested in hearing if it was an office staff member, an EC, bar staff, wait staff, or just which area of the staff this originated with.
Nick (and the lovely Kerry, my bride of 5 years today)

#24623 05/15/2008 09:20 AM
H
H
I personally have only witnessed agressiveness by locals on night passes, both males and females. Not all, but just a self-chosen few.

And once by a single guest, male around the age of 21 or so, with two male friends and a female, all of the same age. He was sent to his room...which just happened to be beside ours. When he decided he need more alcohol..like not being to walk wasn't enough, he figured that breaking our door down would help him find it. Thank goodness for security.

NEXT (2010)
6/6-20 Dreams RC & PA

PAST:
CouplesOR-95,97,00,01
GLB-06(Full Moons)
GLB-07,08,09 (Bears)
Starfish-07,08
Rose Hall-08,09
GLN-09 (June Folks)
#24624 05/15/2008 10:56 AM
H
H
I have never seen any aggressive staff or locals. I have seen a couple aggressive guests, but that has been very rare too. Maybe it is the little blond firecracker that I bring with me that scares them away smile

As far as rude staff I can't remember a single time a staff member has been rude to us. I do like to people watch and observe behaviors though. I have seen staff be rude to one person after being attacked, then turn around and be perfectly pleasant to us. I think it comes down to reflecting back the rudeness and disrespect that they are receiving themselves.

HT, Not sure how anyone could make you feel that things have changed without you just swinging by and checking it out yourself. We did not start going until after you quit going so I can't compare. All I can say is that we have made 4 trips since March '06 and the resort keeps getting nicer. I'll let you know in August if the trend continues after trip number 5 ... counting the days...

Cocktails International
Jul 21 - July 28, 2012

www.cocktailsintl.com
#24625 05/15/2008 11:27 AM
H
H
Hare-I have not been since '05 so it may very well be better. We just want to see what else is there before trying it again. The overall feeling of the resort cannot be "checked" in a few minutes. BTW, I do know that a lot of it has to do with the group present. We have had a blast as the BAL Crew. The resort did some things for us just because we asked. It was many small things that kept adding up. And some integrity type things, which seem small unless you are involved. Also, Braco has been going through some of the same issues. We will see if the reports of improvements, not necessarily physical, are true.

Having been to HIII just before your week, we have met some great people with the CI group.

NEXT (2010)
6/6-20 Dreams RC & PA

PAST:
CouplesOR-95,97,00,01
GLB-06(Full Moons)
GLB-07,08,09 (Bears)
Starfish-07,08
Rose Hall-08,09
GLN-09 (June Folks)
#24626 05/16/2008 07:27 AM
O
O
Tiger,

I noticed that you are in South Carolina, so I guess by your "Tiger" screen name that you are a Clemson alumni. What would your screen name have been if you went to the University of South Carolina?

Aliens (1986)
#24627 05/16/2008 03:47 PM
H
H
I guess HedoChicken....ha...or HedoCock...or in many USuCk alumni cases....HedoDick.

NEXT (2010)
6/6-20 Dreams RC & PA

PAST:
CouplesOR-95,97,00,01
GLB-06(Full Moons)
GLB-07,08,09 (Bears)
Starfish-07,08
Rose Hall-08,09
GLN-09 (June Folks)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Newest Members
Freddiecat, MaxnRoxie, BBC4urWife, Morgaine, Mitch&Jennifer
23560 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,316
HedoDiveMstr 5,121
Roy in VA 2,759
Liz in VT 2,605
Bunz z 1,920
Chicago Jake 1,760
Hedobill 1,356
diane 1,304
Top Posters(30 Days)
DennyP 9
Risu 3
LyleM 3
roy 3
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics10,466
Posts117,902
Members23,560
Most Online332
Jan 13th, 2020
Today's Birthdays
dlscuba, Donna & Don, hedo happy, Hedocat, mtcblark1, saskcouple
Who's Online Now
1 members (spreglguy), 62 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod