Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,681,809 why WWW
661,876 Class of ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lost our Club Mobay Service - advice on what to do/expect now?
#147095 08/31/2022 08:15 PM
M
Junior Member (<31 posts)
OP Offline
M
Howdy,

We booked out first Hedo II trip few weeks back and paid in full for Club Mobay on arrival and depart but turns out Club Mobay was full for or dates - we just not get notice as Hedo goes thru a third party service and missed sending us their response. frown

For folks that have NOT had Club Mobay any advice?

Or is it really not that big of a deal?

Just looking for help as we will already be tired doing a long red eye to get in!

-Walt & Melanie

Re: Lost our Club Mobay Service - advice on what to do/expect now?
Melanie & Walt #147096 09/01/2022 06:41 AM
T
T
You said that you paid in full for arrival/departure at Club Mobay -- were you issued a refund or did they never charge your credit card in the first place?

Also, am I understanding correctly that you tried to book Club Mobay through Hedo? If so, I've never done that -- I've always booked directly with Club Mobay and left Hedo completely out of the picture (as you may have figured out by now, Hedo can sometimes be rather unreliable. One of my Hedo friends used to book his vacation directly with the resort -- until one year when they lost his reservation and he missed his trip! He never made that mistake again.)

From what I've been hearing, it's been something of a challenge to book Club Mobay these days. My trip isn't until end of the year and I booked Club Mobay back in June!

I've been booking Club Mobay for the past several years and found the service to be quite good. If you're not using them this time around, make sure you complete the Immigration/Customs form online prior to your trip; Denny has a link to that here: https://dennyp.com/Jamaica/immigration_info.htm

My recollection of the pre-Club Mobay days is that on arrival, be prepared for standing on very long lines for quite a while (may be true with departure, too).

One other thought: it's possible that between now and the time of your trip, a spot may open up at Club Mobay -- if that occurs, you might be able to book with them right at the airport.

Last edited by The Onanist; 09/01/2022 06:49 AM.
The Onanist #147097 09/01/2022 07:29 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Hello,

Thank you for the detailed reply!

Yes - we paid in full upfront and Hedo is offering a full refund or use as credits.

And yes - if I realized that could do direct and that Hedo would take full price in total of the reservation costs (prominent add on), require your flight info as well and then whoops - not send you the "no go" reply from the actual Club Mobay reservation -we would and should have done direct... Burn me once...

Thanks for link to customs forms - planned to do it - good reminder!

And hopefully not to bad especially doing a red eye from west coast...

-Walt & Melanie

The Onanist #147098 09/01/2022 10:20 AM
T
T
Originally Posted by The Onanist
One other thought: it's possible that between now and the time of your trip, a spot may open up at Club Mobay -- if that occurs, you might be able to book with them right at the airport.

Just to be clear -- this booking at the airport thing was referring to your departing flight only. You still won't be able to get the arrival service and there's no guarantee you'll be able to book Club MoBay on departure, but it's worth just asking at the Information Desk at the airport.

You could also check their web site again as your trip approaches and see if a spot has opened to book for your arrival date. A longshot, but just something to consider.

Melanie & Walt #147099 09/01/2022 01:01 PM
L
L
It depends on what day and time of day you are arriving, as to how bust the airport will be. Saturday tends to be a very busy day, for example. I would try booking directly with them now, I don't know if I would completely trust what Hedo is saying.

Melanie & Walt #147103 09/03/2022 06:36 PM
D
D
Club MoBay schedules services on an hour-by-hour basis based on your scheduled arrival or departure time. Their arrival service is limited by the number of greeters they have and the space in their arrival lounge. Departure service is limited mainly by lounge space.

I normally send my clients a Club MoBay link to book it directly so that they can get the confirmations back themselves. This also lets them use the Club MoBay app to inform them of flight changes or delays without having to go through a third-party.

Quotes & Reservations from DennyP Travel L.L.C. - https://www.dennyp.com/dennyptravel/quote_request.htm

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Newest Members
JaywhyTurtleCove, radarrogue, Standfas, SPX33, LonnieR
23805 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,585
HedoDiveMstr 5,130
Roy in VA 2,760
Bunz z 1,929
Chicago Jake 1,802
Hedobill 1,356