Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,614,764 why WWW
643,862 Class of ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Acceptable COVID-19 Test Providers
#145995 06/01/2021 06:46 AM
J
Junior Member (<31 posts)
OP Offline
J
BLUF: Can someone definitively advise as to the COVID-19 test providers whose results are accepted for travel to Jamaica?

Background: I contacted my healthcare provider (Johns Hopkins Medicine), and was told that they would only conduct a test if I was symptomatic, and they would not cover a test for other reasons, such as travel, at another testing site. I figured “no problem,” as I had seen an advertisement for same day testing (https://www.sameday-testing.com/) and checked it out, and there is one nearby. Finally able to schedule the appointment (they only work appointments up to 30 days out), but not until you get to the end of entering all your information does it say that their test results are not currently accepted for travel to Jamaica (as well as Hawaii, Barbados, and Japan).
I did some Google searches, and found a couple of blogs on the subject within TripAdvisor, but those threads ended back in late 2020, and with contradictory information/opinions regarding the acceptability of test results from some various providers, to include Walgreens and CVS. I note that the information wanted on the test result is lengthy, and some were saying that not all the necessary information was on the results form. We still have plenty of time (departure date is not until June 29th), and I have a couple more ideas to try, but thought that I would run it past you good folks who I trust to be more “in the know.”
Cheers! …. And Thank you in advance!
Joel & Lori

Re: Acceptable COVID-19 Test Providers
JoLoMi1981 #145996 06/01/2021 07:26 AM
D
D
I don't think there exists a list of specific places that are acceptable. Because it all depends on the lab & specific tests that are used. Chains like CVS/Walgreens may use different tests and labs in different parts of the country.

The requirements are listed on the link provided on my web site in several places here. If in doubt, you have to ask the testing facility if their test meets the requirements listed. Sometimes the testing facility's web site will list the accreditation or standard group for the test they use.

I'm going for my test in about an hour for my travel there this Friday. I'm using the same urgent care facility I used for my trip last December. Prior to that test, I found their test certification listed on their web site. It was also listed on the test result form they gave me.

Quotes & Reservations from DennyP Travel L.L.C. - https://www.dennyp.com/dennyptravel/quote_request.htm
JoLoMi1981 #145999 06/01/2021 04:59 PM
R
R
Joel and Lori,
Are you SURE you do not have symptoms? I mean, a runny nose, cough or anything? You would want to be sure you do not have covid if you have ANY of the symptoms, but not mentioning your travel plans.

Just a thought...

Judy

JoLoMi1981 #146000 06/01/2021 05:11 PM
N
N
We traveled to Jamaica less than two weeks ago. We used CVS for our testing (PCR test), and ironically, about 4 out of 5 people we talked to at H2 and Couples when we were there (past two weeks) had also used CVS. Our healthcare coverage paid for it, and we didn't have to tell them why we were getting tested.

When you use CVS they require you to sign up for a MyChart service, which you log into to get your results. You can then print out your results from MyChart, or save to a PDF. The printout does not look especially official - there's no logo for example - but it got the job done. We printed both of ours on paper to have them in hand, and I saved PDF copies on my phone as backups.

We flew Delta out of Atlanta. The Delta ticket/baggage agent reviewed the test results as we checked in, as did the Delta gate agent before we could get on the plane. When we got to Jamaica nobody at the airport (as in no immigration official, no other official, no airport employee) checked the Covid result. Presumably the airline vouched for us.

1 member likes this: roy
Negril7 #146025 06/09/2021 06:28 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Thank you, folks, for your responses ... Very Helpful!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Newest Members
2Curvy4U, REM1922, PopeJohn, Cpltravel, Tribefans
23609 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,364
HedoDiveMstr 5,122
Roy in VA 2,759
Liz in VT 2,605
Bunz z 1,923
Chicago Jake 1,766