Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,568,997 why WWW
632,625 Class of ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pent up demand
#145112 05/01/2020 08:54 PM
H
OP Offline
H
As the coronavirus situation drags on, I'm curious as to what plans people have for returning to Hedo.

Are people (you) going to return as soon as it is feasible? (And when will Hedo be ready to operate again?)

Or, if you're someone who goes on a regular schedule, or has to go at a certain time, are you going to just chalk off going in 2020, if you won't be able to go this year?
Or are you going to try and make a semi-unexpected trip?

Just curious.
Respect.

The more you look, the more you see.
Re: Pent up demand
Hedo-regular #145113 05/02/2020 12:32 AM
P
Online Content
P
I don't see any point going this year, even if Hedo opens.
Jamaica is suffering, and I don't think tourists (even with our money) are welcome right now.
When the vaccine finally drops people can start to relax; but some healing needs to take place first.

You will know the time is right when you feel it in your heart.

All in all, I'd rather be a hippy.
Hedo-regular #145114 05/02/2020 12:37 AM
L
Online Content
L
Hedo can’t decide about things until the Jamaican gov’t makes a decision about opening things up again. Once that happens and Hedo knows what requirements the Jamaica gov’t might impose, then Hedo can make decisions about when to open and what protocols and procedures they need to implement to comply with gov’t requirements and to protect the safety of their guests and staff.

Once all that happens, I’ll be able to review the situation and what, if any, changes there are to pricing as a result of all that. When all that info is known, I’ll be able to make a decision about when to return.

Hedo-regular #145115 05/02/2020 06:23 AM
D
D
We normally go to Hedo twice per year...May and December, with an occasional September trip squeezed in between. We won't likely go this year, we will reevaluate next year and decide at that time about 2021, this will be the first year since 2008 that we haven't been at least twice

Hedo-regular #145116 05/02/2020 08:19 AM
C
Online Content
C
I'd feel more comfortable traveling once a vaccine is in place. The idea of sitting on a plane with a mask on for hours sounds miserable to me. Time/science will tell. I've cancelled 4 trips away from home so far this year and likely will cancel 3 more, including Nov. Hedo.

Regards,
Chris
"The Naked Truth About Hedonism II" New 3rd edition!
at www.chrissantilli.com
Print, audiobook and ebooks
chris santilli #145117 05/02/2020 09:15 AM
L
Online Content
L
Originally Posted by chris santilli
I'd feel more comfortable traveling once a vaccine is in place. The idea of sitting on a plane with a mask on for hours sounds miserable to me. Time/science will tell. I've cancelled 4 trips away from home so far this year and likely will cancel 3 more, including Nov. Hedo.

Yes, the conditions at Hedo and Jamaica in general, may be less risk and less uncomfortable than the travel days to and from Jamaica. As much as I love Hedo, it's not worth dying for.

Hedo-regular #145120 05/02/2020 10:16 AM
S
S
I agree the thought of air travel right now is risky, but I want to keep listening to reports and not using the calendar to change to 2021 being a magical time to go. Having booked WWW Dec 2020, hoping we will be there. I went to Hedo II, Sandals, Royalton/Grand Lido sites directly, and then Expedia as a control in my search, and found May and June blocked off for reservations, and all places allowing room search and the "book" buttons in July and beyond.

Am so thankful to Denny for all he's done for us during this, and YES hoping for WWW in Dec. I need to have a trip to look forward to and not go crazy. The first travelers to Hedo need to do a trip report, would be sooooo valuable. No "soon com mon" right now.

Hedo-regular #145121 05/02/2020 11:56 AM
C
C
Good comments all! We're anxious to return, once it seems safe and prudent to. We're super lucky that we have a nice spot to relax here at home, but we miss Negril and all our H2 friends - staff & guests. (And a vaca from the usual cleaning, laundry and other chores would be mighty nice!) In the meantime, we've enjoyed zoom & FB chats with Hedo friends on Sunday afternoons. That's helped to lessen the longing for a Negril visit for us. smile

Be safe and well folks! This too shall pass and we'll all be lounging by the beautiful Caribbean before too long.

Chris in FL (previously VT)
sunbob #145122 05/02/2020 05:07 PM
D
Online Content
D
Originally Posted by sunbob
I I went to Hedo II, Sandals, Royalton/Grand Lido sites directly, and then Expedia as a control in my search, and found May and June blocked off for reservations, and all places allowing room search and the "book" buttons in July and beyond.

Bob, thanks for the kind words. I wanted to double check with you on your Expedia search you mention. Did you actually find rooms listed at H2 for July and beyond?

Quotes & Reservations from DennyP Travel L.L.C. - https://www.dennyp.com/dennyptravel/quote_request.htm
Hedo-regular #145123 05/03/2020 04:59 AM
H
H
we're booked for November and definitely plan on going. Plus we were at Hedo this past February & March.

Hedo-regular #145124 05/03/2020 08:50 AM
S
S
Denny, thanks for asking about Hedo on expedia. I had bunched the resorts in my text and though weeks ago I thought I saw Hedo on expedia with avails, June through Sept says "sold out" as I check today. Negril area on expedia seems to show avails at many, many others, not Hedo. So are they "sold out" or not booking with expedia, or not booking any? Their own site looks like they are booking June on. You may have insight on that.

Hedo-regular #145125 05/03/2020 06:23 PM
T
T
This is an excellent topic and many thanks to OP for starting the discussion. In any event, I booked my flight on Caribbean Airlines back in mid-February and booked my usual New Year's Trip at Hedo with Denny shortly thereafter. My hope is that I will still be able to make that trip. If it turns out to not be possible, I'm sure Denny will let me know well in advance. As far as how well cancelling my flight to MBJ will go if it comes to that, well, I guess I'll just have to prepare to have an argument with the airline reps if they give me any pushback.

Last edited by The Onanist; 05/03/2020 06:28 PM.
sunbob #145126 05/04/2020 03:42 PM
D
Online Content
D
Originally Posted by sunbob
I had bunched the resorts in my text and though weeks ago I thought I saw Hedo on expedia with avails, June through Sept says "sold out" as I check today. Negril area on expedia seems to show avails at many, many others, not Hedo. So are they "sold out" or not booking with expedia, or not booking any?

Bob, thanks for clarifying that. The reason I questioned that is that the Expedia family of sites (including Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, and several more) were banned from selling Hedonism II several months ago because of repeated quoting errors. They were booking people at a very low rate and when they showed up at the resort, the resort was attempting to collect more money from them. So Hedonism II withdrew their booking contract from that whole family. This happened way before the virus outbreak.

Quotes & Reservations from DennyP Travel L.L.C. - https://www.dennyp.com/dennyptravel/quote_request.htm
Hedo-regular #145132 05/17/2020 11:22 AM
B
B
We were paid up and ready to go mid April then applied the funds toward a late November trip. It will be our 25th wedding anniversary getting married at Hedo. That is looking less likely to happen, but we will wait and see where we are closer to that time. This is the first time we have not gone there twice a year in 32 years.

Anita
Hedo-regular #145133 05/17/2020 01:15 PM
D
Online Content
D
The Jamaican government's border closure is set to expire 5/31. Many resorts have said they plan to open in June. Airlines are scheduling flights. Hedonism II has said they will be open when the border is open.

Of course all the above can change.

I am in a webinar with the Jamaica Tourist Board and others this coming week on Tuesday. Hopefully I will have some news to share.

Hopefully the pent up demand won't be so much that resorts will raise rates.

The Desire and Temptation resorts in Cancun are set to open June 1. Flights are starting up.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Newest Members
S&KNC, Curious Mama, slutass, MrsW, Itsnursejessi
23530 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,247
HedoDiveMstr 5,117
Roy in NC 2,759
Liz in VT 2,605
Bunz z 1,919
Chicago Jake 1,760