Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,569,301 why WWW
632,693 Class of ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Security Guard Attempts Suicide
#131885 04/15/2017 05:33 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,432
T
T-38 Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
T
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,432
Unfortunately a Hedo security guard supervisor, reportedly, attempted to kill himself at his residence recently. Fortunately someone become aware of the situation and stopped him from ingesting more of the poison which may have been the fatal dose.

This was the same security guard supervisor that terrorized my wife and me on our last visit. I informed Donna Grant and Kevin Levee that the guard seemed mentally unstable. They had no interest in my opinion.

The guard has apparently been let go from Hedo and the reports were that he would no longer be able to work anywhere as a security guard. I would think that this would be prudent until he received appropriate treatment. However, I have been informed by a friend that is a supervisor at another security service that this troubled man has been hired by the service that provides security at the new Grand Lido.

My wife and I are truly saddened that this poor man felt that he should take his life. Far too many young men in Jamaica are taking their own lives. There is little appropriate mental health care on the island. We, in fact, sent him a message expressing our concern and best wishes. He was part of the Hedo family.

I do not think that he should be employed as a security guard, however. From what we observed and in light of this terrible incident, I do not think that he would be suitable until he has had proper treatment.

We were vilified by management, fellow board members and many of the staff after our experience. Guests at Hedo should be aware and mindful of their safety.


Last edited by T-38; 04/15/2017 05:37 PM.
Re: Security Guard Attempts Suicide
T-38 #131890 04/16/2017 08:19 PM
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 928
H
Member
Offline
Member
H
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 928
T-38,

I am amazed at the compassion you are giving to someone who created such a bad situation for you.

I agree that he needs help, and I hope he gets it, but you are the ones showing the true Hedo spirit, with your forgiving attitude.

I don't think it's a good idea that he will be in the same type job at somewhere else so soon.

Respect.


The more you look, the more you see.
Re: Security Guard Attempts Suicide
T-38 #131903 04/20/2017 11:26 PM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
H
Junior Member (<31 posts)
Offline
Junior Member (<31 posts)
H
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
What a terrible situation. Good on you for caring for the guy after you had that kind of experience.

Re: Security Guard Attempts Suicide
T-38 #131932 04/25/2017 05:23 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,432
T
T-38 Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
T
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,432
Thanks for your replies.

Re: Security Guard Attempts Suicide
T-38 #144280 03/28/2019 01:00 PM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
E
Junior Member (<31 posts)
Offline
Junior Member (<31 posts)
E
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by T-38
Unfortunately a Hedo security guard supervisor, reportedly, attempted to kill himself at his residence recently. Fortunately someone become aware of the situation and stopped him from ingesting more of the poison which may have been the fatal dose.

This was the same security guard supervisor that terrorized my wife and me on our last visit. I informed Donna Grant and Kevin Levee that the guard seemed mentally unstable. They had no interest in my opinion.

The guard has apparently been let go from Hedo and the reports were that he would no longer be able to work anywhere as a security guard. I would think that this would be prudent until he received appropriate treatment. However, I have been informed by a friend that is a supervisor at another security service that this troubled man has been hired by the service that provides security at the new Grand Lido.

My wife and I are truly saddened that this poor man felt that he should take his life. Far too many young men in Jamaica are taking their own lives. There is little appropriate mental health care on the island. We, in fact, sent him a message expressing our concern and best wishes. He was part of the Hedo family.

I do not think that he should be employed as a security guard, however. From what we observed and in light of this terrible incident, I do not think that he would be suitable until he has had proper treatment.

We were vilified by management, fellow board members and many of the staff after our experience. Guests at Hedo should be aware and mindful of their safety.



Being a Security Chief myself, in my opinion, the guard should have been relieved from his security duties immediately. BTW, you're a compassionate person and I'm truly inspired by the care shown by to you for the guard who created a scene with you.

Re: Security Guard Attempts Suicide
Hamels #144340 05/13/2019 04:38 PM
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 1
J
Junior Member (<31 posts)
Offline
Junior Member (<31 posts)
J
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Hameles
What a terrible situation. Good on you for caring for the guy after you had that kind of experience.


officer hailed a hero for thwarting man's apparent suicide attempt.

Re: Security Guard Attempts Suicide
Hamels #144413 07/01/2019 04:01 PM
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
M
Junior Member (<31 posts)
Offline
Junior Member (<31 posts)
M
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Hamelas
What a terrible situation. Good on you for caring for the guy after you had that kind of experience.


The man laid on the ground and refused to speak while Solis tried to console him ?

Re: Security Guard Attempts Suicide
T-38 #144415 07/01/2019 05:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 142
H
Member
Offline
Member
H
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 142
This again. Let it go. He does not work at hedo any longer.

Re: Security Guard Attempts Suicide
happy cpl #144416 07/01/2019 08:50 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 993
L
Member
Offline
Member
L
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 993
Originally Posted by happy cpl
This again. Let it go. He does not work at hedo any longer.


Amen

Re: Security Guard Attempts Suicide
T-38 #144435 07/08/2019 08:47 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 5,117
H
Member
Offline
Member
H
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 5,117
Yes, Indeed, Amen happy clp


If this be a dream do not wake me up; if not a dream, wish me no sleep

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Newest Members
S&KNC, Curious Mama, slutass, MrsW, Itsnursejessi
23530 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,247
HedoDiveMstr 5,117
Roy in NC 2,759
Liz in VT 2,605
Bunz z 1,919
Chicago Jake 1,760
Hedobill 1,356
diane 1,304
Top Posters(30 Days)
DennyP 14
JamesG 2
sunbob 2
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics10,420
Posts117,652
Members23,530
Most Online332
Jan 13th, 2020
Today's Birthdays
captjane, scotlyn
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 54 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4