Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,620,541 why WWW
645,231 Class of ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nudes from the Front!
#131883 04/15/2017 01:48 PM
P
OP Online Content
P
SO, I'm here again. After a two and a half year gap, I get to see what the old place has become.
Standard disclaimer: I will be drinking when I post these, so of course, please excuse any rambling or bad spelling you will encounter. This may also be trip 13 for me, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Now on with the show.
The airport has new automatic kiosks in place of immigration (unless you have kids). Two already seem to be broken and the rest are slow to use. So of course there were long lines. Stiil, 45 minutes isn't THAT bad.

Resort registration is taking a long time: As I write this it's 3:00 pm and I have been waiting an hour. Hmmm, hope there isn't an overbooking issue...

Nice sunny day. Strong breeze and not that hot out (or maybe my bones haven't thawed yet). The weather states lite showers for the rest of the week, but whatever. As long as it's not cold I don't care.

I quickly saw the new Grand Lido that's been slaped down next door. I realize it's not finished yet, but My God it's ugly. A huge white concrete block megalith that fills to the edge of the property line. Think old style Soviet. I hope the inside is better, but now I'm afraid to look.

More when I've settled in.

All in all, I'd rather be a hippy.
Re: Nudes from the Front!
Parracky Parrot #131884 04/15/2017 04:02 PM
P
OP Online Content
P
Addendum: I just blew out my favorite flip-flops. Does Anyone here now have some silicon seal or Goop I can use? The shop doesn't carry it (and bugger it - it WAS on my to bring list, but was left behind). cry
Room 1258 if you can help me out.

Thanks.

Parracky Parrot #131886 04/16/2017 09:19 AM
C
C
Can't resist: did you step on a pop top? Then cruise your way on back home (to Room 1258, maybe)?

Parracky Parrot #131887 04/16/2017 06:12 PM
P
OP Online Content
P
Why yes, yes I did. eek

So, another nice day. It rained on the town of Negril, but not here. Doesn't seem as hot as past April trips.

The nude pool is a bit chilly. My toes start to cramp after an hour, so I have to suffer and go to the hot tub. Poor me. grin

The nude hot tub is not as hot in the evenings as I remember. But other tubs are, so I can still get my boiled like a lobster fix.

This place has changed; hot water is plentiful, the showers work and don't flood the place, the AC is really good, the nude grill is much more modern and the pool pumps are fixed.
The pussy fountain needs to be fixed and the non-slip mats they've put down are rough on the feet, but those are minor things.

Parracky Parrot #131888 04/16/2017 06:25 PM
R
R
Thanks for your updates, keep them coming! What did you do about your flip flops? Buy some at the gift shop?

Parracky Parrot #131889 04/16/2017 06:35 PM
D
D
Enjoying the updates! Love 'nudes from the front'.

Parracky Parrot #131891 04/16/2017 11:09 PM
D
Online Content
D
We are living through your right now as we prepare for our trip less than one month away!! Loving the updates

Parracky Parrot #131892 04/17/2017 03:35 PM
C
C
Thanks for the updates, Parrot! I realize you got there one day late for Good Friday, but any news on if the "bleeding tree" is still doing its thing?

Parracky Parrot #131893 04/17/2017 05:57 PM
P
OP Online Content
P
Ah, another day.
Hot and sticky this morning, and that led to some afternoon showers that made it up even more humid.

My new pool fish (this one bigger and with lights) went missing on the first day. Not anywhere to be found, and the pool people haven't seen it. So, I will count it as gone, just like my last trip. Seriously, some people will steal anything. Ten trips without a hassle, and now two in a row - I don't see a point in bringing any more. frown

Moving on: Just did the One Love Bus pub crawl (with an all Hedo crew) and it was a blast as usual. But now my butt hurts from too much spanking, and I think the bus needs to be hosed down. blush I also managed to blow out a set of shoes on the trip, so now my feet hurt as well.

The nude tub was much hotter last night, so I guess someone has been changing the settings. The bubble jets are Not working right now, a switch needs to be replaced.

I would suggest to anyone who might get one of the renovated bathrooms to bring a 28x28 inch piece of dark cloth or cardboard (plus tape) to cover the new bathroom window. With a glass bathroom door the sun comes into the room at 6:00 am.

P.S., I did get some sandals from the shop, but they are mostly out of size 10 to 11, so I will make do with a smaller pair.

Parracky Parrot #131894 04/18/2017 01:58 PM
R
R
Thanks for the tip about the 28"x28" inch piece of cardboard for the updated bathroom windows, I'm adding that to my packing list. I have an extremely hard time sleeping at Hedo, brought sunlight in the early morning hours is something I do not need!

Wish I was there instead of at work so your updates continue to be appreciated! Have fun!

Parracky Parrot #131895 04/18/2017 03:34 PM
P
OP Online Content
P
Those small size flip-flops are hurting my feet, but still better than walking the length of the resort on my tender white footsies.
No news about the bleeding tree, not many seem to know where it is...

The morning had a little light haze and a ring around the sun. That means a weather change, and indeed it has mostly rained (on and off) all day. I think it must have been a long winter down here because some of the locals still have snow tires on. confused (I'm serious about that btw).

I've had 3 good sunsets in a row, but I won't bother looking this evening, to much low cloud.

I think the nude pool/hot tub were busier on Saturday and Sunday, the last two days have been quieter. By 3:00 am last night Hedo was dead. Just me getting a pizza and having the tub to myself. I think the resort occupancy must be dropping a bit. (The pizzas were pretty good for midnight fare).
They have fixed the tub bubbles, but now the washroom toilets won't flush. Must have been on the same switch.

I have been drinking less and eating more this trip, and I don't think that has anything to do with my foot-ware dying on me. wink

Laters.

Parracky Parrot #131896 04/18/2017 03:34 PM
M
M
Hedo has made some wonderful changes since Harry took over the resort but some of the recent changes are head scratchers.
There is a beautiful countertop at the nude bar but it gets so hot during the day they need to put towels over it so people don't burn themselves, so what was the point.
The new bathroom window is as Parrot described , depending where your room might be, you'll get the moon shining thru it at night ( assuming a moon) or sun in the morning, the old shutter was just fine.
The new frosted bathroom door can also be an issue, it can run past the end or off the rollers when closing, if it gets stuck you need to call maintenance, the glass looks solid but it is easy to shatter, happened at least once already.
New AC was nice though, very quiet.

Parracky Parrot #131897 04/18/2017 04:04 PM
D
D
All the updates are appreciated.

I'll be there 5/31-6/8 and will get more updates.

Last edited by DennyP; 04/18/2017 04:05 PM.

Quotes & Reservations from DennyP Travel L.L.C. - https://www.dennyp.com/dennyptravel/quote_request.htm
Parracky Parrot #131898 04/19/2017 10:29 AM
R
R
Yeah, I think I might miss the old window shutter. Are the new windows able to be opened? The shutters were good because you could get some airflow into the bathroom without needing to leave the bathroom door open.

Parracky Parrot #131899 04/19/2017 06:13 PM
P
OP Online Content
P
Partially cloudy this morning, changing to on and off rain for the afternoon. The nude pool is staying cool in this weather but on the plus side nipples are standing proud and all men are now equal.

Not all rooms come with an umbrella, a long red and white stripe thing; luckily I brought one of my own. Looks like I will need it to get to dinner because it is pouring out right now.

Update on the bathroom windows thing: I should have said 25 x 28 inches. In a pinch 24x24 will do as long as you bring tape. Yes they open, and even have a bug screen now. But note that the Big sliding window at the other end now has a sensor to cut out the AC if you leave it open.
I would also bring a bar of soap as the little ones they provide only last long enough to take off one layer of tanning oil.

ADDENDUM: Just returned from the repeater party, the first time winner of 5 nights had 20 trips, the repeat winner (for three nights) had 12.
And it's still raining.

Parracky Parrot #131902 04/20/2017 05:46 PM
P
OP Online Content
P
A cloudy day. The sun only just peaked through a few times, at least the rain held off.

I notice that as the Buttcrack crew wanes and the Biff's Bunch begins to arrive, the party is starting to move from the beach to the pools. Too bad I leave Saturday - I could use a good pool party. And, there may have been a Unicorn sighting on the nude side today...

Just discovered that one of my underwear has exploded in my suitcase - and I haven't even worn it yet! What gives with all the clothing failures?

Toga night seems to be making a bit of a comeback. I suppose it depends on the group in house. Hedo provides the cloth (Red, Green or Yellow), you can decorate it as you please.

Hedo had power problems last night. Between midnight and 6:00am it went out a half dozen times. But only at Hedo; across the street and to each side it looked OK. Messed up some of the dispensing machines and a hot tube in the process. Oh well, bring a weatherproof flashlight.

Oh, it was a "420" celebration day. Just sayin'. smirk

Parracky Parrot #131904 04/21/2017 04:58 PM
P
OP Online Content
P
A cloudy day. A stormy day. The wind came up strong and blew everybody off the beach - except me. I love a good storm. Heavy rain followed later on, will likely continue on and off all night.

My first disappointment of the trip. last evening the menu had Butter Chicken on it. I love the stuff and when they served it last trip, it was amazing. This time - it was a slab of chicken with a pot of butter. Yikes sick

Come to think of it, the menu has been a little strange, almost monotonous. Baked beans have been served every day, often under different names. Breakfast lunch and dinner are all similar. It's good stuff no complaints there, but few "special" items during the week. Oh well, I've still put on too much weight.

Parracky Parrot #131905 04/21/2017 05:41 PM
C
C
Hey, Parrot, thanks again for the updates. Do they still have the "sunshine guarantee"? Or did that go away with Superclubs. If they still have it, it sounds like you will be going home with a bunch of vouchers in hand. Anyway, have a safe trip home tomorrow.

Parracky Parrot #131906 04/21/2017 08:02 PM
C
C
Thanks for the updates! Hope that new tattoo and the pop-top cut heal well. laugh

Chris in NC (previously VT & FL) smile
Parracky Parrot #131907 04/21/2017 08:08 PM
D
D
Thanks so much for the updates. Enjoyed reading them everyday!

Parracky Parrot #131908 04/22/2017 01:27 AM
D
Online Content
D
Looked forward to your updates each day!! Hopefully the weather didn't put too much of a damper on your trip. 24 more days for us, and we can't wait. Hope your trip home is safe and uneventful

Parracky Parrot #131909 04/22/2017 05:32 AM
R
R
LOL the sunshine guarantee went away BEfORE Superclubs was done. They would fight tooth and nail before giving it away, saying the sun was out at sunrise (knowing the likelihood of guests being up is slim) even when you showed satellite composites of the entire region covered in heavy clouds and rain.

We did get a voucher one time though, had to put up an argument for it. Oh well, for all of the improvements, losing something you didn't really get anyway without aggravation isn't much of a loss in my book.

Judy

Parracky Parrot #131910 04/22/2017 09:06 AM
P
OP Online Content
P
This will be a short one because my laptop keeps crashing (crazy microsoft updates...)

So, vacation is almost over, now I'm sitting in Club Mobay 'till my flight. This place needs more charge stations - good thing I did all that back in the room.

The basic pattern for the weather is on and off sun until noon (so get your tanning in early), then clouds with occasional downpours in the afternoon. About average for the tropics.

Evening entertainment was wonderful this week. Hedo has really stepped up the venue.

Back to the cold now, I'll do a more thorough roundup when I sober up.

The Pooped Parrot. sleep

Chicago Jake #131911 04/22/2017 09:09 AM
D
D
Originally Posted by Chicago Jake
Do they still have the "sunshine guarantee"?
No.

Quotes & Reservations from DennyP Travel L.L.C. - https://www.dennyp.com/dennyptravel/quote_request.htm
Parracky Parrot #131915 04/23/2017 09:00 AM
P
OP Online Content
P
Now, for some extra ramblings thrown together.

Cats. There seems to be more of them now, and although I didn't find them to be a problem some came into the dining room during meals trying to steal food from unguarded plates. That could become a problem. And I don't think guests who had strays yowling under their windows all night were too pleased.

The old racquet ball court building is being gutted and rebuilt. Everything inside and some of the grounds around it are under construction. I never asked what the planes were, I just took a few pictures; I'll send them to Denny to post.

On the monday One Love bus tour I noticed a lot of new construction. Old places being rebuilt, and empty lots getting multi-story (resort?) projects going in. There seemed to be more new cars on the road too, so perhaps Jamaican locals are getting a bigger part of the tourist pie.

As far as I can tell, the type of new bathroom window that gave me trouble is only on the Garden Prude buildings. Many of the hot-tub Ocean Nude rooms have a new hybrid window with a built in blind. So you now need to pay extra for darkness?!?

I like the new nude grill. Much fancier and more efficient then the old setup, you can serve yourself or order something made on clean, modern equipment. Now comes with it's own sit down tables.

More as I remember stuff.

Parracky Parrot #131918 04/24/2017 05:33 AM
J
J
Originally Posted by Parracky Parrot
The old racquet ball court building is being gutted and rebuilt. Everything inside and some of the grounds around it are under construction. I never asked what the planes were, I just took a few pictures; I'll send them to Denny to post.

It is going to be used as group meeting space for meet & greet parties, demonstrations such as tantric sex. If a group wants to use the space and their event is open to the entire resort, there will be no charge. If said group wants to hold a private function, there will be a charge to them for the use of the building.

Parracky Parrot #131920 04/24/2017 12:00 PM
D
D
Originally Posted by Parracky Parrot

The old racquet ball court building is being gutted and rebuilt. Everything inside and some of the grounds around it are under construction. I never asked what the plan were, I just took a few pictures; I'll send them to Denny to post.

Posted on the Hedonism II Resort Picture page. Thanks.

Parracky Parrot #131921 04/24/2017 02:23 PM
D
D
Just got back myself.

Food is good. Espresso bar and wine bar pretty much vacant.

New patio at nude grill is great. Table and umbrellas. Umbrellas on all tables in nude pool.

More cubby boxes at jacuzzi and outside disco patio for foam party

New nude grill is very clean and modern.New window installed by the dishwasher portion for your used plates.

Privacy mesh screen has been totally replaced.

Additional coolers with bottled water all over the property.

Conch shower near pool stops is gone. There is an open shower now.

Awnings on order for nude bar for shade.

New policy in place. No group/travel agent banners permitted anywhere on the beach/pool area. In fact, no signage of any type.

Concert stage in courtyard on Friday nights after main stage show. Massive speaker system driving people away. You could hear it at the lighthouse.

Designated smoking area near nude jacuzzi soda shack. No smoking on the concrete pad at nude grill.

Squash court to be new playroom instead of spa I hear.

Harry and Kevin were not there so we got no renovation updates at repeater party.

Last edited by Doug; 04/24/2017 02:25 PM.

Rosetta Stone Jamaican Edition !!!

http://bit.ly/1euljyZ
Parracky Parrot #131922 04/24/2017 02:32 PM
D
D
Thanks, Doug.

Parracky Parrot #131927 04/24/2017 10:00 PM
P
OP Online Content
P
The Squash court is a ways out on the edge of the property, and the path to get there is not well lit at night. That needs to be addressed.

The foam party was great! It's the first one I've been to that worked, and the first time I have enjoyed going.

The Friday night courtyard show didn't seem that loud, at least to me. I never heard it at all in my room way over at the Sandals fence.

Parracky Parrot #131934 04/25/2017 11:37 PM
D
D
Doug, thanks for the update. Sounds like a lot of really good improvements!

And Parracky, thanks for taking daily time out of your holiday to post! So enjoyable reading your observations.

Parracky Parrot #131938 04/28/2017 07:10 AM
M
M
Thanks for the updates, Parrot. We're heading back in a couple of weeks and glad to know of the changes. Good to hear more water around.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Newest Members
Briara0628, ScandinavianCPL, Patina, MorticiaAnne, Billy&Marie
23630 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,374
HedoDiveMstr 5,122
Roy in VA 2,759
Liz in VT 2,605
Bunz z 1,923
Chicago Jake 1,768