Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,591,048 why WWW
636,924 Class of ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Returning After 10 Years...Single Woman Traveler
#130121 01/25/2016 04:20 PM
L
LaLiz Offline OP
Junior Member (<31 posts)
OP Offline
L
Greetings My Fellow Hedonists,

I traveled to Hedo 2 and 3 a total of 6 times between 2002-2006 and taught fitness during some of the trips. Though I did not participated in the lifestyle, I loved being in the lively environment and having no tan lines.

My top questions to the members are:
1. How Hedo changed in the past 10 years in regards to safety for a single traveler? Would someone like me be fine to travel and just have a naked tan and a few dirty bananas?

2. What major changes should I be aware of? I am thinking of going next week.

3. Will there be wi-fi in the public areas? I want to get my tablet at the pool area and catch up with industry news.

Thanks!

I'm BACK!
Re: Returning After 10 Years...Single Woman Traveler
LaLiz #130122 01/25/2016 04:29 PM
P
Online Content
P
A tablet near the pools might be a problem: Most tablets have a built in camera, and that might make your fellow nudists a little nervous. Depends on the crowd.
There is free WiFi in the dinning room and courtyard next to it - so you can catch up while having a snack.

All in all, I'd rather be a hippy.
LaLiz #130123 01/25/2016 04:55 PM
D
D
I met a woman on my trip Jan 9-16 this month and she worked from the nude beach on her laptop. The staff from Hedo ran a power cord out to where she was sitting. No one said anything to her.

I was suprised that this was allowed.

Paul
LaLiz #130124 01/25/2016 05:03 PM
L
LaLiz Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks. How about a tablet during the meals unless I have new friends to have meals with?
Also, would you recommend a lady to travel solo? I just liked Hedo and it was familiar.

I'm BACK!
LaLiz #130136 01/26/2016 09:21 AM
P
P
We also took some time off. Been back the last couple Novembers. As in the past there were several single ladies around. And as in the past they had no problem making friends that looked out for them when needed. I would say go and have a ball.

To me the biggest change (outside of the new construction) was there being more lifestylers. But unless there is a complete takeover I enjoyed their company. No one was too pushy, and the party has more energy in my opinion.

LaLiz #130148 01/27/2016 08:52 AM
C
C
Agree w/ PDUB, a single woman should be fine - just like your previous trips. Maybe even a bit better, since the grounds, rooms, and staff have all been tweaked... so security is probably more diligent & professional vs. 10 years ago. The guests are the same as in past years... mostly fun, sociable folks, who tend to help out when/if needed.

Chris in FL (previously VT)
Parracky Parrot #130152 01/27/2016 09:46 AM
S
S
Originally Posted by Parracky Parrot
A tablet near the pools might be a problem: Most tablets have a built in camera, and that might make your fellow nudists a little nervous. Depends on the crowd.
There is free WiFi in the dinning room and courtyard next to it - so you can catch up while having a snack.

I've taken my iPad to the beach at Hedo many times and never had a problem.
Hedo should do what a lot of nudists clubs do, any electronics with a camera must have a bright flouresent sticker over the lenses. The clubs supply the stickers.

Don.

LaLiz #130163 01/29/2016 12:37 AM
L
LaLiz Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks everyone. I shall be there this sunday - woohoo!

I'm BACK!
LaLiz #130202 02/02/2016 11:44 PM
C
C
I'm finding fewer and fewer single guys go to Hedo (not like the old days when the ratio was 1 gal for every 5 to 7 guys). But single guys (and gals) still go...just not in the droves of the past it seems.

Regards,
Chris
"The Naked Truth About Hedonism II" New 3rd edition!
at www.chrissantilli.com
Print, audiobook and ebooks
chris santilli #130203 02/03/2016 02:00 AM
L
L
Originally Posted by chris santilli
I'm finding fewer and fewer single guys go to Hedo (not like the old days when the ratio was 1 gal for every 5 to 7 guys). But single guys (and gals) still go...just not in the droves of the past it seems.

Consider some of the general commentary that gets used, including on here, about how single guys are a problem. It's frequently said single women get treated well, even get a price break on some promotions, but there is some percentage of the population that don't feel the same about single guys. Perhaps that's the reason?

I've personally never been treated that way in many years of solo travel to Hedo, but I've certainly overheard those sort of comments. Just think about some of the comments that have been posted on here over the years about 'those single guys'?

LaLiz #130209 02/03/2016 10:32 AM
B
B
It is likely that single travelers to Hedo may decline further in 2017. I have learned that shared single bookings will no longer be available beginning in 2017. Singles may book a room but will be required to pay the single guaranteed rates of 150%. No more getting an unknown roommate (or luckily not getting one) with the lower single shared rates.

Anita
LaLiz #130211 02/03/2016 10:52 AM
D
Online Content
D
It is correct that single share will not be allowed any more in 2017. But I do not have confirmation that the single guarantee rate will remain at 150% of the per person double occupancy rate.

Quotes & Reservations from DennyP Travel L.L.C. - https://www.dennyp.com/dennyptravel/quote_request.htm
LaLiz #130216 02/03/2016 01:23 PM
C
C
OH MY GOD...what a dumb idea to kill the single share cost savings. BIG mistake. Singles add such fun! The cost could become prohibitive to many of them.

So many things that made Hedo unique are going away. The ambiance is turning into Desire with more sex during the day. Yawn. Geesh!

What's next? No scuba included? That will make a lot of people stop going too if it were to occur. (I've NOT heard one bit of info that would make me think scuba at Hedo is changing...)

I'm getting a bad taste in my mouth about the future of Hedo being truly fun outside of the "bedroom."

Regards,
Chris
"The Naked Truth About Hedonism II" New 3rd edition!
at www.chrissantilli.com
Print, audiobook and ebooks
LaLiz #130234 02/03/2016 10:55 PM
P
Online Content
P
Yikes. I can just about put up with the price of a single guarantee rate. Paying full for a room for one person would be ridiculous. I can get a week in Vegas for each day at Hedo at that price.

All in all, I'd rather be a hippy.
LaLiz #130236 02/04/2016 06:16 AM
L
LaLiz Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Greetings,

I came back from my Hedo trip last evening and it sure have changed in many ways since 2006 - my last trip. This was my 7th trip overall. As you know this was my first Hedo trip as a solo woman. I booked the room on cheapcarribean at 3am on friday morning after receiving positive feedback on the forum for me to go and I went on sunday morning to Hedo. It was a last minute trip after requesting quotes earlier from multiple sites and all stating me there was no room for me. In regards to the price, in order to get my room in the Au Natural Ocean view facing the pool - 2278 - I paid FULL PRICE for the room.
Brief synopsis:
1. I was the ONLY single woman at the entire resort
2. Lifestylers predominated about 80-100% at the Nude side. Since I am a nudie but not into lifestyle, I was a minority out of the minorities, especially at the Nude Side. I just learned yesterday about unicorns so Im like the unicorns of the non-unicorns so to speak. As a result, I am a friendly person, but I was eating some meals solo and at the beach solo the whole time. As a single woman, I bet I stood out - a single petite athletic woman - but people were in their tribes/groups and didn't realize pull anyone from the "outside" in.
3. As per one single man, there were a total of 5 single men at the entire resort. (visible at the nude side). So the ratio of 5 to 1 single.
4. I was not aware of the stranger room mate situation. It would have made it better at times but I am comfortable being alone as well. I have been there with friends before but to be roomed with a new friend would have been cool too if that option was available.
5. OH MY GOSH! - WTF - my arrival day, I stayed at the beach and I was immediately approached by men who were hawking stuff and the fact they saw me solo made it worst. I had to call security and then complain to Desmond the next day. I paid really $$$$ to be here in secured nudie peace and this hawker was literally standing inches from me staring. Not cool.
To prevent this the second day, I put my beach chair near a big group so it seem that I was part of a group. I introduced myself to the big group but they all knew each other and at least, no hawkers like the first day. Third Day, I put my chair next to the massage booth. Problem solved. No hawkers. I am glad I had my book and my devices and kept me entertained.
6. Male staff liked me... but I kindly refused proposals. Not my thing.
7. I found some non-lifestlyers at the prude side (3). I hung out with them for dinner and my farewell breakfast. I was blessed. Otherwise, I would have been eating solo the entire time.
8. Canadians. It was at least 50-60%. They were friendly to me and smiled. Smile goes a long way when you are by yourself. I don't remember so many back in 2002-2006. Welcome!

Conclusion: Would I go back as a single non-lifestyle nudie traveler to Hedo, I don't know. The resort now seems very couples oriented which was not the case when I visited last back in 2006. It sure have changed in many ways but this was one big area. I hope to have an open-minded partner who I can go with one day. I waited 10 years and it was enough so I made what some call a brave decision to come to Hedo solo.

Thanks Denny P and the community for allowing me share my experiences.

I'm BACK!
LaLiz #130237 02/04/2016 09:27 AM
P
P
I honestly think it was the time you went. This past November there were at least 15-20 single women. The group I booked with brought like 10 alone. It is a lifestyle group but there were several others there at the same time that aren't. I can believe no one looked out during a lifestyle takeover. We found the same issue the last time we were there during a takeover. If you didn't want to "hook up" no one wanted to talk to you. I enjoyed this past trip as it felt more like the "old hedo" People were very friendly and easy going. People were cool with others not being lifestylers and made us feel very welcome. Not even many problems with the single men, most seemed respectful from what I could tell.

LaLiz #130238 02/04/2016 09:28 AM
D
Online Content
D
Originally Posted by LaLiz

Thanks Denny P and the community for allowing me share my experiences.
You're welcome. I would be grateful if you emailed me a trip report for posting in the trip report section of my web site so people can read it in the future.

Quotes & Reservations from DennyP Travel L.L.C. - https://www.dennyp.com/dennyptravel/quote_request.htm
Parracky Parrot #130243 02/04/2016 11:33 AM
B
B
Originally Posted by Parracky Parrot
Yikes. I can just about put up with the price of a single guarantee rate. Paying full for a room for one person would be ridiculous. I can get a week in Vegas for each day at Hedo at that price.

You know a lot of people that go to Hedo when you do. You CAN book a room with a friend and pay the same as each couple pays. You don't have to pay any more than single guaranteed (150%) to get a room for yourself.

Anita
Bunz z #130250 02/04/2016 04:09 PM
L
LaLiz Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Responses:
1. The issue was that none of my friends wanted to go - and I have tried in 10 years so I gave up and went solo. So I paid the price and though there are many others going the same dates as I do, there is no Hedo anonymous (until matching) centralized database that I know of that can enable room mate matching before I book the trip, let say on an Expedia or some other site. Is there such database? I know Denny P had one but it was voluntary. I have put the dates there in the past.
2. Takeover - there were several groups and I suspect many there were some non lifestyles in them but I never know. People mostly interacted only within their group so I was hanging out solo most of the time.
Old Hedo come back! When did it leave?
I also felt some people may have thought I was "odd one out" for being there solo.
I did not want to go elsewhere but after this experience, I may end up at RIU or a Club Med next time around if I want an all-inclusive beach resort that is close to the east coast. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
3. Sure thing, Denny P.
4. Creepy single man - yes, I met one of those and since I was single too, I became more attractive to his eyes.
5. On my final day, a single man talked to me and told me I was representing an extremely rare group of single women at Hedo (perhaps nude side) since I can be a unicorn (first time I learned about this term) but I am not lifestyle, so it makes me rarer and not a unicorn per se. Basically, almost everyone was lifestyle except me. I appreciate his candidness and it helped bring clarity to the situation.
6. Adopting single people - though I did not expect it - In the past trips, I have always adopted single travelers to my group during the Old Hedo and I was not the only one who did such "adopting". It helped make meals fun and interactive and we had a new Hedo home base team. Maybe this is the lost charm of the old hedo along with the no-more-slide. :-( I did not see much of this, even for a meal, during this trip.
I was blessed to have met the nice couple from California who recognized I was solo and the gent from Chicago to help make last meals memorable and we had great conversations. So it was all good but note to self for possible next solo trip.

I'm BACK!
LaLiz #130251 02/04/2016 06:19 PM
M
M
LaLiz

From what I am reading it appeared that you really did not have a great time, that's sad.
I have been going solo for a number of years and as a single guy I was always hesitant in initiating conversations with couples lest they get the wrong impression. Fortunately, I met some great people that welcomed me and I have really enjoyed Hedo each time I go. Some of the things that made it easier was taking part in some of the beach events such as bocce ball, volleyball and the trivia contests at the pool, just a great way to talk to people and have a bit of innocent fun.
I hope you go back, maybe check Denny's resort schedule and pick a week outside the large groups if possible or maybe go with Denny's WWW group, I hear they are all welcoming and have a great time. Don't give up on hedo yet.

mikeyd2 #130253 02/04/2016 08:00 PM
L
LaLiz Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hey MikeyD

I did have as much fun as possible and it was not my intention to show dismay but my goal was to illustrate my experiences from the perspective of a someone who has not been there for 10 years and who traveled solo this time. Thanks for the suggestion to check out the calendars and plan in advance. This was an impromptu trip so I just went with the available dates before I start a new project. I went back to Hedo after taking a 10 year hiatus and we know everything changes. As such, Hedo has changed as well and though I did not have much expectations, I did see not expect such a shift dynamic. Maybe it was always there and since I was with others, I never noticed it. Who knows? I just want to say that being single anywhere is always a different experience and it was as great as I can make it. I dressed up, smiled and competed in as many activities as possible including have a moment art painted on my breasts and let people guess. Give me my Hedo Dollars!!

I'm BACK!
LaLiz #130256 02/05/2016 11:35 AM
P
P
LaLiz Having been there 10 years ago and having been there recently I understand completely how things are different. We took 4 years off before going back. The week we picked was a complete lifestyle takeover. We did it thinking the party vibe would be great. But found out that if you didn't want to play no one wanted to talk to you (even with us being a couple). The tale end of the week we ran into a small group of people that welcomed us in even after our "no thank you". I was so happy for this because we had decided we were never going back. So I agree that with the right week/groups you can still have a ball. Just need to be able to find out more about who will be there when you go. Hopefully you will be able to next time and even more I hope there will be a next time for you.

PDUB #130804 05/14/2016 12:46 PM
L
LaLiz Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks @PDUB. Your comment have motivated me to go back when there are no groups scheduled on the calendar (right after a holiday). Hopefully this lone wolf (or fake unicorn) will have fun and bask in the sun.

I'm BACK!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Newest Members
Ready2wear, Chargerwhelp, Mcaron1, Hotwife49, Tom.1977
23550 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,304
HedoDiveMstr 5,119
Roy in VA 2,759
Liz in VT 2,605
Bunz z 1,919