Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,601,447 why WWW
639,712 Class of ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Timair vs. Airlink
#124383 12/16/2013 05:10 PM
J
Junior Member (<31 posts)
OP Offline
Junior Member (<31 posts)
J
Is this a Hertz vs. Avis situation? I was wondering if anyone could compare these two experiences. We will be heading to Hedo again on 1/27/14 and wanted to see some of the country (briefly) from the air. I understand the time involved isn’t that big an advantage over a bus, but we’re only doing it one way and are looking for some guidance as to which one. And is it worth paying in advance or just showing up with cash?

Re: Timair vs. Airlink
JamaicanJake #124384 12/16/2013 05:26 PM
R
R
Since they improved that road to Negril we generally take ground transportation these days, but we used to fly to Negril quite often to avoid the much rougher and longer drive back in the day. The first time we flew to Negril the view from the TimAir plane was so amazingly beautiful that it has remained a highlight of Jamaica for my wife and I. I would recommend that even now that the road is better everyone should consider flying to Negril once at least.... especially if it's a nice sunny day.

AirLink for a while operated mainly on a flight schedule while TimAir was mainly a charter airline who flew when you were ready to go rather than on a set schedule. When that was the case I still thought TimAir was the best choice since there was less waiting around and no real chance you would 'miss' your scheduled flight and have to wait for the next open seats. This has begun to change now that AirLink is now back to booking as a charter flight. I think they still have scheduled flights too, but for an extra fee you can book a charter with AirLink too. So mainly the difference is price. I would suggest getting quotes from both and going from there. Overall it looks like a win-win with either airline if you can get a good price.
Having said that we have always been very happy with TimAir and for us, if the price were close at all, we would keep giving our business to TimAir due to so many years of friendly, reliable service.
Have a great trip!
Roy

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Newest Members
Freddiecat, MaxnRoxie, BBC4urWife, Morgaine, Mitch&Jennifer
23560 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,316
HedoDiveMstr 5,121
Roy in VA 2,759
Liz in VT 2,605