Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,611,430 why WWW
642,346 Class of ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Second hand
#122034 07/03/2013 05:42 AM
B
Bunz z Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Another thread mentioned a concern about the possibility of failing a drug test as a result of being around other ganja smokers. Can anyone verify that they have or they know someone that actually tested positive at Hedo but did not smoke it themselves?

One year one of our beach friends was around two heavy ganja smokers all day for 10 days. He did not partake. He was very surprised to receive a surprise drug test required of him the day he returned to work. His test came up clean so Im wondering about any angst by guests related to this type of second hand smoke.

Anita
Re: Second hand
Bunz z #122035 07/03/2013 06:11 AM
T
Junior Member (<31 posts)
Junior Member (<31 posts)
T
Norchem which is a leader in substance abuse management and drug testing provides this as part of their myths of drugs:

Myth 26: Exposure to second hand marijuana (THC) smoke can yield a positive test result.

Truth:

Passive exposure to a drug can make it appear in your urine, but actual consumption of the drug makes it appear at a much higher concentration. To avoid the argument that a positive result is due to passive contact, cut-off levels have been established. These cut-off levels are set to make it virtually impossible for a specimen to screen positive from passive contact. In the case of THC, it has been shown that subjects can be exposed to extreme, uncomfortable levels of second-hand smoke for long periods of time without registering a positive urine test at the 50 ng/ml screening cutoff level.

For more information and references on this subject, please visit: http://www.norchemlab.com/passive-inhalation-of-marijuana-smoke-and-urine-drug-test-results/

So were talking virtually impossible. Of course, I'm sure everyone who disagrees probably knows someones friend who had a sister that knew a cousin of their bff who tested positive by second hand. Odds are if they tested positive it was because they did more than just be near it.

Bunz z #122037 07/03/2013 06:31 AM
B
Bunz z Offline OP
OP Offline
B
WOW, that's great information Jim. Thank you.

Anita
Bunz z #122041 07/03/2013 08:50 AM
T
T
I read the link Jim gave us and was amused by the test conditions being so severely smoky that the subjects wore GOGGLES to protect their eyes...

Bunz z #122105 07/09/2013 02:53 AM
H
H
Having worked for an organization that had a zero tolerance policy which included ignoring the Federal testing cut-off level and said that ANY positive test, no matter how small, was grounds for termination, I could not take comfort in levels being detectable but 'below' an arbitrary cut-off. That said I no longer work there so I am no longer impacted.

To clear this matter up completely, I will be starting a fund for a 3 week test program. Week 1 I would propose to have the test subject avoid the noxious weed entirely and take a test at the end of the period for control purposes. Week 2 will equip the subject with goggles and he will seek out and breathe in second hand smoke wherever possible and be tested at the end of that week. Week 3 will dispose with the goggles and equip the subject with a bag o ganga and a case of papers. Assuming the subject can be located and a sample obtained at the end of the 3rd week, he will be tested a third tine for another control sample. All findings will be reported here.

I only need 3 weeks with a double room OVN w/ Hot tub to conduct the study. All testing supplies with be provided by the subject. Please send your contribution towards this badly needed research to Denny P, marked HoutonCpl research Fund.

It will be a considerable sacrifice but someone has to do it for the good of the community!

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
Bunz z #122107 07/09/2013 03:02 AM
R
R
This might be video of one of the tests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWiYphJUS7Q

Bunz z #122125 07/09/2013 02:21 PM
H
H
I am not sure how drug test work. Years ago I know that a girl was given the clear for a job with Delta airlines that had smoked pot earlier that day..not for a pilot job but a reservations position.

On another example when my daughter was a teenager was having some pretty severe behavior problems we took her a dr and she told them she smoked pot the night before and her drug test also came back clear...we joked that most teenagers denied doing drugs and then pop positive...leave it to my kid to own up to it and then pass the drug test.

Maybe these kids were just really bad at inhaling like Bill Clinton!

La fruta prohibida es la ms dulce
Bunz z #122131 07/10/2013 08:08 AM
J
J
Truth be said most weed tests for Business, government and military use, may not pick up very small amounts of THC in blood stream. THC deposits it self in fats in the body. So the one time user or occassional use may not show anything. Especially on urine tests. Also if the user flushed themselves out with lots of liquids and significantly decreased execerise 24 hours prior to the test, results will likely be negitive too. So second hand smoke is highly unlikely to come up positive. I am not saying they can test for trace amounts, but the price of those tests runs into hundreds of dollars at the wholesale level, pricey as the Hair folical test. So most business, workers clinics, and government entities go with a standard 50/1000 cl test based on budget restraints.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Newest Members
StepanyanMir, Mike & Ann, T and C Memphis, MrsLaceymiss, JustUSTwo
23588 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,340
HedoDiveMstr 5,122
Roy in VA 2,759
Liz in VT 2,605
Bunz z 1,922
Chicago Jake 1,764
Hedobill 1,356
diane 1,304
Top Posters(30 Days)
DennyP 12
R&N 6
roy 6
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics10,490
Posts118,088
Members23,588
Most Online332
Jan 13th, 2020
Today's Birthdays
dfwsammy
Who's Online Now
1 members (LyleM), 61 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod