Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,601,447 why WWW
639,712 Class of ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Nudes from the Front
Parracky Parrot #116495 09/25/2012 04:50 PM
P
OP Offline
P
P.S., you can also try me at room 2143 - H Block.

It was an easy room upgrade with so few people here, and it never hurts to ask politely. But I do worry management will start turning off lights and AC chillers because of all the empty rooms, to cut costs...

All in all, I'd rather be a hippy.
Parracky Parrot #116499 09/26/2012 05:28 AM
H
Junior Member (<31 posts)
Junior Member (<31 posts)
H
We were there 2 weeks ago...there's no Appleton(problem with the distributors$$$$) They are usuing some cheap brand that they are getting at the local HiLo stores, Eldorado brand I think. No TiaMarie or top shelf vodka. A few afternoons the pool bar was just out of everything. They would come down to the bar with a few bottles of rum and put half into an empty bottle at the bar and take the rest to I assume another bar that was out. I felt bad for the bar tenders as this totally out of their hands and they have no contol of the situation. Hopefully the place gets sold soon, so the bills can get paid and some money goes back into the necesities of Hedo.

Parracky Parrot #116501 09/26/2012 08:03 AM
K
K
Thanks for the updates!

Did I hear correctly that the disco A/C is broken again?

If so, when are they saying it will be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Never Say Never!!
Parracky Parrot #116503 09/26/2012 08:31 AM
K
K
It just sounds like a sad state of affairs. It's getting hard to stay optimistic. It's taking my excitement of going to back in 2 weeks and turning it into dread. I'm not even sharing anything negative with Kim, so she doesn't worry. I guess if I expect the worse, anything better is a good thing.

Repeat thy daily affirmations-
-it's not the place as it's the people!
-Naked is better than sweatshirts
-Boobs are Awesome!
-you don't spend time in the room anyway
-you're not expecting gourmet food
-PDA's are therapeutic
- "I love the way the sun feels on my shaved pussy."-Kim

"Up Here, I'm already there..." Cosmo Kramer
Parracky Parrot #116504 09/26/2012 11:27 AM
S
S
For the most part, the resort seems like it is the same as it ever was. There are times when things seem kind of odd but it is still the same fun place. As far as the number of people, it seems about the same as last year to me. We were here over the same time span.

The rumor heard here is that the place has been sold and there is a pending announcement coming up. The new owner is committed to the Hedo concept. For me, this would explain the clamp down on expenses.

The fetish shows have been fun and we made it to the piano bar and disco last night. I think that is a first. We didn't last long in the disco but had fun at the piano bar.

Deep Dive: We did the Tugboat - my favorite dive. From what I've heard, Ritchie took some heat for setting it up because it uses too much gas to get there and back. CC wanted him to cancel the trip but Ritchie stuck to his guns and we did it. It was a slow ride out and back (I assume to conserve gas) and they wanted the second dive to be as close to the resort as possible because of the gas situation. How much extra gas did we burn? I don't think it could be much more than a gallon... it wasn't that much further than the regular dive. 15 minutes in a boat running at the lowest speed with no wind?

Last edited by sonorandog; 09/26/2012 11:29 AM.
hedo21 #116505 09/26/2012 12:10 PM
N
N
Originally Posted by hedo21
We were there 2 weeks ago...there's no Appleton(problem with the distributors$$$$) They are usuing some cheap brand that they are getting at the local HiLo stores, Eldorado brand I think. No TiaMarie or top shelf vodka. A few afternoons the pool bar was just out of everything. They would come down to the bar with a few bottles of rum and put half into an empty bottle at the bar and take the rest to I assume another bar that was out. I felt bad for the bar tenders as this totally out of their hands and they have no contol of the situation. Hopefully the place gets sold soon, so the bills can get paid and some money goes back into the necesities of Hedo.

a quick off topic post

The Eldorado I can buy at home is from Guyana, and I think is an excellent rum. I highly recommend the 5 year old and 12 (or was it 15) year old versions.

The 5 year old is easily the equal of V/X

"The more you drink, the less you need your pants"
sonorandog #116506 09/26/2012 12:12 PM
N
N
Originally Posted by sonorandog

Deep Dive: We did the Tugboat - my favorite dive. From what I've heard, Ritchie took some heat for setting it up because it uses too much gas to get there and back. CC wanted him to cancel the trip but Ritchie stuck to his guns and we did it. It was a slow ride out and back (I assume to conserve gas) and they wanted the second dive to be as close to the resort as possible because of the gas situation. How much extra gas did we burn? I don't think it could be much more than a gallon... it wasn't that much further than the regular dive. 15 minutes in a boat running at the lowest speed with no wind?

Have never been on this dive. How much work does it take to convince Ritchie to go there?

Parracky Parrot #116507 09/26/2012 12:28 PM
D
D
I think the tug dive is based on the abilities of the divers aboard and whether the dive staff knowing their "repeaters".

My travel group has numerous experienced divers that are well know to the staff. If they're not sure of your skills, they put you on the shallow dive for safety.

Rosetta Stone Jamaican Edition !!!

http://bit.ly/1euljyZ
Parracky Parrot #116508 09/26/2012 12:56 PM
R
R
No Tia Maria, no appletons, no absolute, no rum cream, no peach schnapps, no coruba, but everything is included.

Lots of "inventory" being taken, head of housekeeping was doing an inventory of sheets, towels, pillows etc Monday. That's the excuse we have heard for the booze shortage. Oh, and that more is soon come.

Dive boat is still on only one engine and yes it was a slow ride out and back to conserve gas on the shallow dive today.

Lots of selection at the buffet, that much has improved. Several new side dishes have been served.

Wifi has worked whenever I have tried to use it.

Ron says he saw some guys powerwashing sidewalks and fixtures down near the prude pool.

Several staff members have openly talked about the complete management changeout coming up shortly, that there has been a sale but there is disagreement over whether the new owners, whoever they may be, will get to keep the HEDONISM brand name or whether its ownership will remain with Superclubs. Word is that there is no plan to change the atmosphere of the resort.

Something else strange, it is now 4 pm on Wednesday, yet there have not been any invites to the repeater party handed out.

Judy

repeatoffender4th #116509 09/26/2012 01:11 PM
D
Online Content
D
Originally Posted by repeatoffender4th

Something else strange, it is now 4 pm on Wednesday, yet there have not been any invites to the repeater party handed out.
That happens quite often.

Quotes & Reservations from DennyP Travel L.L.C. - https://www.dennyp.com/dennyptravel/quote_request.htm
Kim_and_Tim #116510 09/26/2012 02:08 PM
T
Tex Offline
T
Originally Posted by Kim_and_Tim
It just sounds like a sad state of affairs. It's getting hard to stay optimistic. It's taking my excitement of going to back in 2 weeks and turning it into dread. I'm not even sharing anything negative with Kim, so she doesn't worry. I guess if I expect the worse, anything better is a good thing.

Repeat thy daily affirmations-
-it's not the place as it's the people!
-Naked is better than sweatshirts
-Boobs are Awesome!
-you don't spend time in the room anyway
-you're not expecting gourmet food
-PDA's are therapeutic
- "I love the way the sun feels on my shaved pussy."-Kim

You have a great attitude.

Tex & Precious
Parracky Parrot #116511 09/26/2012 02:25 PM
P
OP Offline
P
I agree about the food, it has jumped up a notch just in the last few days. So keep fingers crossed! grin

Was a very nice calm day, clouded over at 3:00-ish and has been raining a little since. I've only seen my sunset once this trip (first day) and I don't think I'll see it tonight. Oh well.

My fish dissipated from the pool sometime after noon - he was on his last fin anyway so no biggy. Still...

Parracky Parrot #116512 09/26/2012 02:33 PM
R
R
I wonder if the fetish folks commandeered him for one of their private parties????

Poor little guy.

Judy

Parracky Parrot #116513 09/26/2012 02:39 PM
D
Online Content
D
The first time I read the above post I read "private parts". blush

Quotes & Reservations from DennyP Travel L.L.C. - https://www.dennyp.com/dennyptravel/quote_request.htm
repeatoffender4th #116514 09/26/2012 04:23 PM
S
S

Thanks for the heads-up on the repeater party... we won three free nights in the raffle.

Last edited by sonorandog; 09/26/2012 04:24 PM.
Parracky Parrot #116515 09/26/2012 04:25 PM
S
S
...and the rum is El Dorado.

Parracky Parrot #116517 09/26/2012 05:48 PM
P
OP Offline
P
You know it's getting to the end of the trip when you don't see as many faces you recognize. Or in this case any faces at all. It's like being in a SiFi movie where every time you turn around people are missing - I think Hedo is down to 30% now - but I also see a few new people so the turnaround should be starting soon.

The repeater party had a VIP guest: They didn't say who he was, just that he was responsible for some sleepless nights. confused
Winner had 12 trips.

Last temp readings: Pool is at 87 and Tub is at 102.

Food is getting better again, tonight had curried octopus, that's a new one for me.

Beyond that, this may be my last posting from "home". Bus is in the morning, I'll get back after midnight. All my shirts seem to be shrinking from the humidity, so I guess it's time to leave while they still fit. smirk

The Pooped Poly.

Parracky Parrot #116518 09/26/2012 08:00 PM
H
H
Hope your shirts recover : ) Thanks for all the info.

Parracky Parrot #116519 09/26/2012 08:09 PM
S
S
Thanks for your posts Parracky... it was nice meeting you.

NorvalPleasure #116520 09/26/2012 08:21 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by NorvalPleasure
How much work does it take to convince Ritchie to go there?

I mentioned doing the tugboat to Trimaine and he must have talked to Ritchie. I didn't "convince" anyone. It's been a long time since I have done the dive and I didn't expect to be doing it this trip.

It is an early "deep dive" so you need to be AOW to do the dive.

Parracky Parrot #116521 09/27/2012 07:05 AM
K
K
Parrot, thank you your posts. It was good to have real-time, in person information. I'm sure I speak for all of us, thank you for taking time out of your vacation to keep us informed

Tim

"Up Here, I'm already there..." Cosmo Kramer
Parracky Parrot #116522 09/27/2012 07:34 AM
R
R
It was a joy meeting you Parrot! Thank you!

sonorandog, yes, the VIP guest kinda perked myears up too. Anyone know who "Mr. Hines" is? No, not Gregory lol. Curioser and curiouser.

Congrats to the sonorans! good to see someone nice win it! You were so close to the five nights too.

Judy

repeatoffender4th #116523 09/27/2012 08:18 AM
L
L

Judy

We have that happen all the time, sometimes never get it & sometime it has "appeared" in our room that night (after the RP) or even the next day! We've gotten into the habit of just showing up wherever it is being held, in our towels/cover ups straight from HH in the hottub. And - can almost never find a staff person who knows what time/where it's being held! We just make the loop, follow the crowd...piano bar, pool deck, disco...

LikePlaym8s
See you in early November
(& April/May if we can sneak away!)
Parracky Parrot #116525 09/27/2012 10:19 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Give this a try from my phone:
In the airport now. Free WiFi if a little slow. NO power plugs as far as I can tell.

Weather was nice this morning and still looks good at 1:00 in Mobay.

Anyone try out the VIP club? I hear its a really good deal - 30 bucks gets you TV, free food and drink. I'll try it out next time.

Hookers visited the hot tub last night, then staff chased them out. Not seen working girls about so far.

Parracky Parrot #116526 09/27/2012 10:31 AM
R
R
We have done the VIP thing a couple of trips ago. It is very nice if you have a longish wait. They even have laptops set up to use. I wouldn't say "free food" though, there is a good variety of snacks and finger sandwiches, but don't expect a meal per say.

Shallow dive was great this morning, The Gallery, The one motor left on the dive boat sounded sickly though. frown

Going to Rick's Cafe this afternoon for the sunset. All these trips and we have not done that yet.

Judy

repeatoffender4th #116536 09/27/2012 10:51 PM
R
R
Sunset pooped out in the end, rain. But it was a nice time all the same.

Dinner at Pastafari...Martinos.....whatever. Was nice as always. I strayed from my usual beef tenderloin and got the shrimp primavera, requested extra shrimp. omg delicious. I couldn't finish it all.

I forgot to add about the repeater party on Wednesday. Chintzy. hors de ouvres were fish sticks, chicken wings, deviled eggs, some pieces of bread with ham and turkey on them cut into tiny pieces, and some tiny pieces of cake. Introduce the twn managers that were there, the four ENT crew there and give away the nights and wham bam thank you ma'am it was over. no "Here is the news" speech like normal. It was....almost like we repeaters were bothering them by shgowing up for the cocktail party. At least, that is how we felt.

There are OVN rooms being painted. I shold get brave and check out what colors. maybe tomorrow.

Judy

Parracky Parrot #116549 09/28/2012 11:18 AM
S
S
I have been having what I consider to be the perfect Hedo trip. Things have been wonderful. If it was up to me, I wouldn't change anything...

I ran into the sand flea from hell. The left elbow is all swollen. Normally, this sort of thing happens to my wife so she finds it amusing.

Diving with repeatoffender4th has been fun. It has been great diving with Judy and Ron.

Deep Dive: Yesterday - Bloody Bay / Deep Plane. Today: Joe's reef. Only two of us on the deep dive and Ritchie was the divemaster. These Hedo divemasters are great to dive with and fun to be around.

Doug #116556 09/28/2012 02:28 PM
N
N
Originally Posted by Doug
I think the tug dive is based on the abilities of the divers aboard and whether the dive staff knowing their "repeaters".

My travel group has numerous experienced divers that are well know to the staff. If they're not sure of your skills, they put you on the shallow dive for safety.

how deep is the tug? most of the 9:30 deep dives i have been on while at Hedo are 85 to 90 feet. Pretty close to the recreational "limit"

sonorandog #116557 09/28/2012 02:34 PM
N
N
Originally Posted by NorvalPleasure
How much work does it take to convince Ritchie to go there?

I mentioned doing the tugboat to Trimaine and he must have talked to Ritchie. I didn't "convince" anyone. It's been a long time since I have done the dive and I didn't expect to be doing it this trip.

It is an early "deep dive" so you need to be AOW to do the dive.

i will have to mention it on my trip in November. After 4 trips there diving most days, i would love to see something new.

I am AOW, and prefer the 9:30 dive (more naked time in the sun) so no issue there.

Parracky Parrot #116558 09/28/2012 02:51 PM
R
R
Bob, our pleasure as well! Room 2176 if you need any antihistimine or neopsporin. That looked awful.

We will get our AOW in March so we can go down with the hot shots.

Looking forward to grilled lobster tails tonight, I really hope they are served instead of the chopped up things they had last week. Occupancy has surged up to about 45-50% since yesterday, so hopefully....

Judy

Parracky Parrot #116561 09/28/2012 03:21 PM
H
H
I am surprised that there is much left of that tug being that it has been in the water so long (perhaps more than a decade). I seem to recall that the last time I went there, the decking was so fragile and broken down that we could not swim thru the hull.

Chuck

If this be a dream do not wake me up; if not a dream, wish me no sleep
Parracky Parrot #116565 09/28/2012 04:49 PM
S
S
It looked good - quite different than I remembered but also in better shape than I remembered. I'll see if I can figure out how to post some photos...

Parracky Parrot #116566 09/28/2012 04:57 PM
D
Online Content
D
You could email the pictures to me along with a trip report,

Parracky Parrot #116568 09/28/2012 05:16 PM
P
OP Offline
P
OK, back and almost sober again. See if I can add a few more things about my trip. grin

I put on eight pounds in eight days. I wounder if it was the plate of bacon I had most mornings? Unusual bacon that, almost supernaturally crisp.

I checked the Disco on Wednesday and what do you know, the AC was working again. Maybe it was just off for a few days to save power?

I went to feed the fish one evening, but they didn't seem to know what I was doing. So people, they need feeding more often! And try throwing a piece of meat or bun as far out as you can, there seems to be a school of something larger lurking out there (flying fish maybe?)

The new fans work great. A few are getting noisy from so much use though.

Tree frogs were numerous and very loud. I had two just outside my door that were yelling at each other every night. shocked

A half dozen white birds (egret I think) perch above the nude pool around 4:00 every day. They will swoop down on unprotected plates and steal your fries, and I've seen them wash off the ketchup in the pool before eating them.

The airport is down to one Spirits store that still sells the flavored Rum Cream. The other newer place blocking the hallway has a poorer selection and Much higher prices. I hope they don't push out the smaller store.

Oh, anyone who is there, I left 10 minutes on my computer Kiosk account, pass is: S18DPHR

Parracky Parrot #116569 09/28/2012 05:46 PM
R
R
The new fans are incredible. Makes all the difference in the world in this heat and humidity.

No grilled lobster again this Friday. Coconut lobster, chopped pieces of lobster in a sauce. I prefer grilled with butter. YMMV

Judy

Parracky Parrot #116573 09/28/2012 08:06 PM
S
S
Here's where I put the tugboat photos... I am not into underwater photography and only take enough photos to capture the event.

http://climbaz.com/tugboat/tugboat.html

It is raining outside (11:00 PM) which is somewhat surprising. I guess there is a storm front moving in. The tree frogs are singing (or as my wife calls them, tree lizards) and all is good. She is full of lobster chunks but I eat more chicken any man ever seen...

Denny, I'll try to do a trip report but no promises there.

sonorandog #116574 09/28/2012 08:12 PM
D
Online Content
D
Denny, I'll try to do a trip report but no promises there.
I understand and appreciate it.

Parracky Parrot #116575 09/28/2012 08:17 PM
R
R
Awesome pics Bob. More determined now to get that AOW.

You are correct, the divemasters have been incredible. They always are.

I never realized before that the piano bar is open even in the early evening to get a drink and hang out. Very nice after dinner to have a quiet drink in the AC.

repeatoffender4th #116576 09/28/2012 08:36 PM
D
Online Content
D
Very nice after dinner to have a quiet drink in the AC.
One of my favorite apres-dinner spots.

Parracky Parrot #116577 09/28/2012 08:36 PM
S
S
Just talked with an old friend and he says Matt the Mayor is going to be here tomorrow and there is going to be a Heinekin party. Supposedly, he has purchased 2200 cases of Heinekin... Woot!

Last edited by sonorandog; 09/28/2012 09:22 PM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Newest Members
Freddiecat, MaxnRoxie, BBC4urWife, Morgaine, Mitch&Jennifer
23560 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,316
HedoDiveMstr 5,121
Roy in VA 2,759
Liz in VT 2,605
Bunz z 1,920
Chicago Jake 1,760
Hedobill 1,356
diane 1,304
Top Posters(30 Days)
DennyP 9
Risu 3
LyleM 3
roy 3
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics10,466
Posts117,902
Members23,560
Most Online332
Jan 13th, 2020
Today's Birthdays
dlscuba, Donna & Don, hedo happy, Hedocat, mtcblark1, saskcouple
Who's Online Now
1 members (spreglguy), 62 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod