Shout Box Usage Rules
  • Keep it clean
  • Use the Visitor Schedule to post your trip dates
  • No inflammatory remarks
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Popular Topics(Views)
3,606,078 why WWW
641,097 Class of ?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A note to guests on the website
#100821 01/01/2011 07:05 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Please know that Hedonism II is one of the best known resorts in the Caribbean. It does have a naughty reputation, which is the allure for many guests, although no one needs to be concerned that they will be subject to anything that exceeds their comfort level and many find a new comfort level. Most guests on their first visit have a spectacular time and make a second, third or 25th trip.

Yes, it does have a nude beach, and the majority of the guests are on that beach. If you have never been on a beach in the nude, it is about the easiest transition you possibly make as we all want to look like everyone else and not stand out. If you need some time there is a another beach to gently acclimate yourself to the concept.

This is not a 5 star resort, but it has reasonable amenities for a reasonable price. The rooms are functional and generally clean. The food is not gourmet, but again, it is worth the money. You will always find something good to eat in the buffet, and the two specialty restaurants are good- the Italian one, in my opinion is the better of the two.

Your drinks are free. Unlike Mexico where one resort I stayed in had one brand of vodka, gin, whiskey and the like, in addition to 47 brands of Tequila, Hedonism has very well stocked bars. Absolute, Tanquarey, Crown Royal, Johnny Walker Red and Black, Glenlivet, etc. are on the shelves daily. If one bar is out the others are not.

The people, both staff and guests are great, and many of us know dozens of employees and many more guests on a first name basis.

This board is comprised of many people with different opinions. Please don't focus on the extremely positive or the extremely negative. Both are unrealistic. Will you have a fun time if you go? A resounding yes! Will there be shortcomings? Some. Is it a value for the money? After 27 years and 41 visits (nearly a year of days)I think so!

The sponsor of this board became a travel agent long after beginning the website. If you wish to go to Hedonism, get a quote from your local travel agent, but get another one from Denny. You may be pleasantly surprised!

Irie! Soon Come!

Last edited by AdirondackPaul; 01/01/2011 09:56 AM.
Re: A note to guests on the website
AdirondackPaul #100826 01/01/2011 08:44 AM
S
S

Could'nt have said it better.

Bravo!

If you can read, thank a teacher. If you can read in english, thank a veteran.
AdirondackPaul #100838 01/01/2011 06:48 PM
H
H
Wow!!! Thats all I can say. That was a great explanation to Hedo. After 37 times sure there have been shrotcomings but where arn't there any. I keep coming back.

Robert
Feb 7 to Feb 17
Trip41
HedoRob #100841 01/01/2011 08:25 PM
H
H
Thumbs up

The opinions in this response probably will not be the opinion of the management,so when weird responses occur please send us back to Hedo ASAP and Yes im still married to my best friend
WWW.Facebook.com/hedobob
Hedobob #100850 01/02/2011 08:10 AM
F
F
Great job Paul!

HEDO AMIGOS´┐Ż ~ April 14th-22nd 2018
www.facebook.com/hedoamigosrock
Face Down #100855 01/02/2011 09:20 AM
C
C
LOL, "nuff said".

Calliope #100858 01/02/2011 10:26 AM
P
P
Yeah, nuff said

Hedo Hugs,
Lady Di and Hedo Lion
Hedobob #100887 01/02/2011 04:24 PM
F
F
Originally Posted by Hedobob
Thumbs up

And that ain't all that's up......

Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave and arrive an attractive and well-preserved body; rather, skid in sideways - Jack and coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"
FloatandFly #100901 01/02/2011 07:45 PM
B
B
If you do not have a good time at Hedo II it is usually your own fault! You did not try to meet any one there. Go a couple of times before you make any kind of negative judgement on the resort. Everyone is very friendly including the staff. Yes the resort is getting old and things are breaking down but so are we. Every one of us is getting old. I don't think any of us can still party like we did 25 years ago. I know we all try too so give the resort a break on its age. Having been in construction I think that it is holding up prety good in that type of harsh enviorment.
Going HOME in 20 days.

BOB

"Your expression is the most important thing you can wear!"
BIGGUY #100906 01/02/2011 08:10 PM
R
Online Content
R
I also think new folks should go in with their eyes open, that the place isn't 5 star, the food has become so-so, etc. It is very true the party atmosphere and the comraderie (sp?) of the guests is incredible, like nowhere else I have ever heard of. We spend an awful lot per year to let them get by on the atmosphere....which is free.

AdirondackPaul #100911 01/02/2011 09:35 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by AdirondackPaul
Please know that Hedonism II is one of the best known resorts in the Caribbean. It does have a naughty reputation, which is the allure for many guests, although no one needs to be concerned that they will be subject to anything that exceeds their comfort level and many find a new comfort level. Most guests on their first visit have a spectacular time and make a second, third or 25th trip.

Yes, it does have a nude beach, and the majority of the guests are on that beach. If you have never been on a beach in the nude, it is about the easiest transition you possibly make as we all want to look like everyone else and not stand out. If you need some time there is a another beach to gently acclimate yourself to the concept.

This is not a 5 star resort, but it has reasonable amenities for a reasonable price. The rooms are functional and generally clean. The food is not gourmet, but again, it is worth the money. You will always find something good to eat in the buffet, and the two specialty restaurants are good- the Italian one, in my opinion is the better of the two.

Your drinks are free. Unlike Mexico where one resort I stayed in had one brand of vodka, gin, whiskey and the like, in addition to 47 brands of Tequila, Hedonism has very well stocked bars. Absolute, Tanquarey, Crown Royal, Johnny Walker Red and Black, Glenlivet, etc. are on the shelves daily. If one bar is out the others are not.

The people, both staff and guests are great, and many of us know dozens of employees and many more guests on a first name basis.

This board is comprised of many people with different opinions. Please don't focus on the extremely positive or the extremely negative. Both are unrealistic. Will you have a fun time if you go? A resounding yes! Will there be shortcomings? Some. Is it a value for the money? After 27 years and 41 visits (nearly a year of days)I think so!

The sponsor of this board became a travel agent long after beginning the website. If you wish to go to Hedonism, get a quote from your local travel agent, but get another one from Denny. You may be pleasantly surprised!

Irie! Soon Come!

Yeah! What he said. I'm picking up what your throwin down Paul.

Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting, what a ride!
Marc and Dee #100933 01/03/2011 09:31 AM
H
H
There goes the new fans in the dining room.

Hedobill #100935 01/03/2011 10:33 AM
R
R
Hey, they did fix the towel issue. That was quite a big deal. I remember a lot of posts stating they didn't think the new program would work but I've found it works great.

Me & the wife just don't get the food complaints, we always find more than enough good food to eat, and our tastes are aren't that similiar. She eats a lot of vegatables and salads, and I'm more of a meat & potato kind of guy, but we both find the food to be very good..not just tolerable and barely acceptable but very good.

repeatoffender4th #100938 01/03/2011 12:44 PM
A
OP Offline
A
I didn't spend a whole lot for 24 days over 3 trips. I got three free days from the 14/3 program. I still say Hedo is very well priced.

By the way, note that I said that the resort IS NOT 5 star, and I brought up the food issue, as well. I assume your remarks are a vote of confidence in my original post!

AdirondackPaul #100943 01/03/2011 02:59 PM
R
R
Originally Posted by AdirondackPaul
I didn't spend a whole lot for 24 days over 3 trips. I got three free days from the 14/3 program. I still say Hedo is very well priced.

By the way, note that I said that the resort IS NOT 5 star, and I brought up the food issue, as well. I assume your remarks are a vote of confidence in my original post!

I pretty much agree with everything you've recently posted!

repeatoffender4th #100948 01/03/2011 05:23 PM
A
OP Offline
A
I think they provide the atmosphere quite well. Imagine trying to be frisky on the grass where the hot tub is now (damned ants!)

The nude pool/misting pool/grotto/and the beloved hot tub are certainly costly additions. Remember the old bars, as well, compared to the newer ones. Some complaints about food are certainly justified, but as few people stay in their room much the ambiance of the room is not a factor.

AdirondackPaul #100949 01/03/2011 05:56 PM
R
Online Content
R
My only complaint about the rooms are the damned mattresses are hard as cement pads. I like sleeping sunken into a cloud type mattress, so that isn't even really a complaint. Just not my style.

repeatoffender4th #100950 01/03/2011 06:08 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Gee, I have never found the mattresses to be a problem, although I admit I like a firm mattress.

AdirondackPaul #100954 01/03/2011 07:57 PM
C
C
Mattress softness (or hardness) is a personal preference issue so, while we are among the "soft cloud crowd", Hedo can't be criticized for the mattresses being a little more firm than we'd like. We realize that many people like a hard mattress (but we can't even begin to understand why) smile. However, with respect to the food, yes, we can usually find "something" to eat (usually the pasta bar for me), but the issue isn't as much food quality as it is variety. We beat this issue to death a couple of months ago so I won't go into great detail here, but when you're there for longer than a week, the lack of variety from day to day becomes even more critical with each passing day. I like pasta (thank God), but four days in a row gets to be a little much.

CandG

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Newest Members
israt jahan, WataView, Michael & Karen, JustinTara, Mary Beth
23574 Registered Users
Top Posters
DennyP 6,331
HedoDiveMstr 5,122
Roy in VA 2,759
Liz in VT 2,605
Bunz z 1,922